Leonardo – Engineering the Future
Do you want to work on real-time projects alongside leading scientists and engineers within a globally renowned company?
Leonardo has an award winning Graduate Programme that develops promising young graduates into engineers and business professionals of the future.
Providing a procurement service for specific Programme(s) under the governance of the Procurement Manager. Tasks include but not limited to: Managing RFQ’s, requisitions and PO demand for all relevant parts, expediting technical data, resolving supply base queries and problems, managing the live order book on SAP and expediting delivery of material to budget and system requirements.
- Continually monitors and reviews progress of procurement work.
- Prepares monthly procurement status report such as PIMMS.
- Undertake the placement of all procurement commitments by Letter of Intent, ITP, Purchase Orders, SAP Contracts, Subcontract Documentation or any other form that is indicated. Ensure reduction in the requisition to PO time is kept to a minimum.
- Ensure that all commercial correspondence and all other relevant documentation are retained in accordance with laid down processes.
- Works with and manages all the suppliers to ensure schedules of work are compatible with the Project.
- Undertake and making sure that all negotiations with the Suppliers are professionally conducted.
- Take the lead and manage the Supplier gateways, from selection through a series of performance-based reviews such as Design Reviews, Production Readiness and FAI where required.
- Ensure in collaboration with the respective Project that timely support resource (e.g. QA, Engineering, and Manufacturing) is available. Includes pro-active as well as re-active management of meetings with key suppliers.
- Performance management of the Buyers Supply base.
Our two year Graduate Programme
On joining the Leonardo graduate programme, you will unlock a wealth of development opportunities and further learning. You will receive mentoring, coaching and support to achieve your personal goals and accreditation from your professional body.
We have created a programme across our UK sites that value those who continuously ask questions and look to resolve problems through creative and innovative thinking. We will demand a high degree of customer focus and work performance from you in order to meet our operational challenges.
What’s in it for me?
Leonardo values their people and we reward commitment with a competitive remuneration and flexible benefits package including:
- Competitive starting salary and welcome bonus
- Accommodation allowance (subject to eligibility) and three performance related pay reviews within the two years
- 33 days holiday and flexible working arrangements
- Contributory pension scheme
What can I expect from my working environment?
You will be working within world class facilities regardless of which site you are based. Dependent on your role, you may be working in an office or lab environment or a combination of both. There may also be opportunities to travel between different sites and to meet with customers and suppliers. Occasionally you may also travel abroad.
What are you waiting for?
A career in the defence industry rewards over 162,000 people and generates a £22 billion turnover. Come and be a part of a community and work with some of the most talented engineers in the UK on some of the most exciting projects around.
Don’t delay – these roles attract high competition so apply now to avoid disappointment. Roles will be closed as soon as they are offered.
Leonardo is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. We are globally renowned and are continually expanding, offering exciting opportunities to talented graduates who want to work at the forefront of our technology. With the majority of our engineers having chartered status, you can look forward to working with highly skilled professionals that are passionate about their work.
- You must be able to satisfy the necessary security clearance for the role applied for and meet a minimum of five years permanent residency in the UK.
Qualifications and experience requirements
- Analytical Mind with good numerical skills
- Organised with strong attention to detail
- Good Communication skills (both written & oral) with the ability to influence
- I.T. literate
All our roles require predicted minimum of an upper second class honours degree in a relevant discipline (including physics, mathematics, electronic engineering, systems engineering, avionics, and computer science for our technical engineering roles).
Accepted degree subjects
Edinburgh · Glasgow, Stirling and West Central Scotland · Scotland
How to apply
Closing date: 28/02/2018
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 28/02/2018