Do you want to work on real-time projects alongside leading scientists and engineers within a globally renowned company?
Leonardo has an award winning Graduate Programme that develops promising young graduates into engineers and business professionals of the future.
The Edinburgh Radar and Advanced Targeting group currently employs c.1,750 people with a turnover of c. £0.5bn. The Finance department is looking for an enthusiastic graduate to work within the AESA radar sector of the business (Turnover c. £100m pa). The candidate would work for an experienced project accountant and help to provide Financial control, advice and support to the Project and Programme Managers and their integrated project teams.
The candidate would be responsible for the financial and project reporting requirements for a specific group of projects within the sector, providing accurate, timely and relevant management information as well as providing advice and guidance to the project teams. Ensuring compliance with Leonardo Financial Policies and currently Accounting standards.
The successful candidate will also be given support to study for CIMA qualifications, a willingness to do so is a prerequisite of the role. There will be the opportunity to move around the various finance roles including central reporting and tax.
- Support driving the business performance through the following activities:
- Assist in the preparation of monthly and yearly financial forecasts
- Understand and generate expenditure plans for projects
- Support cash management and debtor reporting
- Understand and generate Trading plans and cash flow
- Transaction reconciliation and& support
- Produce annual budgets, monthly forecast and support business plans, identifying major risks and opportunities
- Provide accurate and timely management information
- Other financial management duties as required
Our two year Graduate Programme
On joining the Leonardo graduate programme, you will unlock a wealth of development opportunities and further learning. You will receive mentoring, coaching and support to achieve your personal goals and accreditation from your professional body.
We have created a programme across our UK sites that value those who continuously ask questions and look to resolve problems through creative and innovative thinking. We will demand a high degree of customer focus and work performance from you in order to meet our operational challenges.
What’s in it for me?
Leonardo values their people and we reward commitment with a competitive remuneration and flexible benefits package including:
- Competitive starting salary and welcome bonus
- Accommodation allowance (subject to eligibility) and three performance related pay reviews within the two years
- 33 days holiday and flexible working arrangements
- Contributory pension scheme
What can I expect from my working environment?
You will be working within world class facilities regardless of which site you are based. Dependent on your role, you may be working in an office or lab environment or a combination of both. There may also be opportunities to travel between different sites and to meet with customers and suppliers. Occasionally you may also travel abroad.
What are you waiting for?
A career in the defence industry rewards over 162,000 people and generates a £22billion turnover. Come and be a part of a community and work with some of the most talented engineers in the UK on some of the most exciting projects around.
Don’t delay – these roles attract high competition so apply now to avoid disappointment. Roles will be closed as soon as they are offered.
Leonardo is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. We are globally renowned and are continually expanding, offering exciting opportunities to talented graduates who want to work at the forefront of our technology. With the majority of our engineers having chartered status, you can look forward to working with highly skilled professionals that are passionate about their work.
You must be able to satisfy the necessary security clearance for the role applied for and meet a minimum of five years permanent residency in the UK. It is also essential that applicants have achieved or are on track to achieve an upper second class degree in a relevant degree discipline. It is also desirable for graduates to be:
- Self-motivated and driven to succeed
- Proficient in EXCEL
- A team player with a challenging mindset
- An excellent communicator with efficient organisation skills
- Keen to extend business knowledge and to be part of an integrated project team
- Experience in Industry would be advantageous but not necessary
- Experience in SAP would be advantageous but not necessary
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 01/01/2018