Leonardo – Ingenuity at your service
Do you want to work on real-time projects alongside leading scientists and engineers within a globally renowned company?
Leonardo has an award winning Graduate Programme that develops promising young graduates into engineers and business professionals of the future.
The primary responsibly will be to provide support to the central HR teams in the UK, supporting the wider HR team on all activates. This will include administration and tactical HR work.
Other activates and project work will be assigned as deemed appropriate for the business and for personal and career development. Sole responsivity for business groups will be assigned as capability in this role progresses.
The Graduate will support the HR team in activates related to the implementation of the HR strategy, and functional support for activates such as salary reviews, performance management, talent management and employee relations.
- Develop a working understanding of the various HR functional activates.
- Gain competence in HR practise as assigned.
- Gain an understanding of the organisation, the business products and services and how HR can support business contacts.
- Develop competence in management of employee relation issues as assigned.
- Work in virtual teams across the business on project work where appropriate.
- Reporting to the HR director will play a full part in the HR team. Working with all members of the HR team locally and cross the business as required.
Our two year Graduate Programme
On joining the Leonardo graduate programme, you will unlock a wealth of development opportunities and further learning. You will receive mentoring, coaching and support to achieve your personal goals and accreditation from your professional body.
We have created a programme across our UK sites that value those who continuously ask questions and look to resolve problems through creative and innovative thinking. We will demand a high degree of customer focus and work performance from you in order to meet our operational challenges.
What’s in it for me?
Leonardo values their people and we reward commitment with a competitive remuneration and flexible benefits package including:
- Competitive starting salary and welcome bonus
- Accommodation allowance (subject to eligibility) and three performance related pay reviews within the two years
- 33 days holiday and flexible working arrangements
- Contributory pension scheme
What can I expect from my working environment?
You will be working within world class facilities regardless of which site you are based. Dependent on your role, you may be working in an office or lab environment or a combination of both. There may also be opportunities to travel between different sites and to meet with customers and suppliers. Occasionally you may also travel abroad.
What are you waiting for?
A career in the defence industry rewards over 162,000 people and generates a £22 billion turnover. Come and be a part of a community and work with some of the most talented engineers in the UK on some of the most exciting projects around.
Don’t delay – these roles attract high competition so apply now to avoid disappointment. Roles will be closed as soon as they are offered.
Leonardo is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. We are globally renowned and are continually expanding, offering exciting opportunities to talented graduates who want to work at the forefront of our technology. With the majority of our engineers having chartered status, you can look forward to working with highly skilled professionals that are passionate about their work.
- You must be able to satisfy the necessary security clearance for the role applied for and meet a minimum of five years permanent residency in the UK.
- A keen interest in all aspects of Human Resource Management.
- A proactive attitude with a desire to learn and develop.
- Able to communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Able to work on own initiative.
- Able to identify and solve routine problems.
- Able to priorities an organise work to meet deadlines.
- Able to work as part of a team to on their own, with minimal supervision.
- A good working knowledge of MS Office suite, including Work, PowerPoint and Excel.
Qualifications and experience requirements
- All our roles require predicted minimum of an upper second class honours degree in a relevant discipline such as human resources, business studies, management, law and history.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Closing date: 28/02/2018
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 28/02/2018