Leonardo – Engineering the Future
Do you want to work on real-time projects alongside leading scientists and engineers within a globally renowned company?
Leonardo has an award winning Graduate Programme that develops promising young graduates into engineers and business professionals of the future.
Within the manufacturing and supply chain function a graduate may be tasked with work from different departments and disciplines and that individual will be expected to perform and deliver on program work packages (after initial training and familiarisation) within an IPT or functional department. There will be an expectation that the successful candidate will be able to apply analysis and innovation to current M+SC business processes and suggest improved or novel approaches to operational excellence.
The candidate will require a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (Minitab is desirable) and would be expected to be current on academic research techniques. The candidate will also be required to maintain a log book and present to the business on a monthly basis, a summary of the work he or she has accomplished. The candidate may also be assigned a special project that he or she shall be responsible for and will plan, manage and see through to successful delivery.
The potential job roles that may be undertaken (on a rotational basis) include the following:
- Production program management
- Industrial engineering a) lean manufacturing or b) design for excellence
- Assembly, Integration and test team lead
- Material management
- Supply chain logistics planning
- SHE related tasks to M+SC
- Vendor capability and supplier assessment
- Short term tasks as manufacturing technician in Laser or Microwave Centres of Excellence
The successful candidate may be allocated to several departments and or disciplines on a rotational basis. Responsibilities will include:
- Ownership of a work package within a program plan.
- Planning and organising sub tasks within the top level task.
- Regular communications and reporting, written, verbal and monthly presentation.
- Undertake necessary OJT and learning and development in order to excel at the allocated tasks.
- Analyse the business operation and suggest improved or novel approaches to standard business processes.
Our two year Graduate Programme
On joining the Leonardo graduate programme, you will unlock a wealth of development opportunities and further learning. You will receive mentoring, coaching and support to achieve your personal goals and accreditation from your professional body.
We have created a programme across our UK sites that value those who continuously ask questions and look to resolve problems through creative and innovative thinking. We will demand a high degree of customer focus and work performance from you in order to meet our operational challenges.
What’s in it for me?
Leonardo values their people and we reward commitment with a competitive remuneration and flexible benefits package including:
- Competitive starting salary and welcome bonus
- Accommodation allowance (subject to eligibility) and three performance related pay reviews within the two years
- 33 days holiday and flexible working arrangements
- Contributory pension scheme
What can I expect from my working environment?
You will be working within world class facilities regardless of which site you are based. Dependent on your role, you may be working in an office or lab environment or a combination of both. There may also be opportunities to travel between different sites and to meet with customers and suppliers. Occasionally you may also travel abroad.
What are you waiting for?
A career in the defence industry rewards over 162,000 people and generates a £22 billion turnover. Come and be a part of a community and work with some of the most talented engineers in the UK on some of the most exciting projects around.
Don’t delay – these roles attract high competition so apply now to avoid disappointment. Roles will be closed as soon as they are offered.
Leonardo is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. We are globally renowned and are continually expanding, offering exciting opportunities to talented graduates who want to work at the forefront of our technology. With the majority of our engineers having chartered status, you can look forward to working with highly skilled professionals that are passionate about their work.
- You must be able to satisfy the necessary security clearance for the role applied for and meet a minimum of five years permanent residency in the UK.
Qualifications and experience requirements
You should have or be anticipating a 2:1, or better, honours degree in engineering, manufacturingengineering, manufacturing management, operational excellence or logistics management.
Accepted degree subjects
Edinburgh · Glasgow, Stirling and West Central Scotland · Scotland
How to apply
Closing date: 28/02/2018
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 28/02/2018