Do you want to work on real-time projects alongside leading scientists and engineers within a globally renowned company?
Leonardo has an award winning Graduate Programme that develops promising young graduates into engineers and business professionals of the future.
You will have an opportunity to establish design and development skills by working on cutting-edge RF/Microwave electronics for Radar applications. You will be introduced to electronic design and development processes and you will use state-of-the-art methods, technology and tools. You will work in integrated product teams (IPT) and report to a senior engineer, who will provide you with day to day guidance and on the job training. Electronics is fundamental to our products, the Graduate programme will provide you the ideal environment for Electronics Engineers to learn and develop their careers.
- You will actively participate in the Graduate Scheme over two years.
- You will learn the skills required for electronics design and development.
- You will develop advanced design techniques for aerospace applications, understanding the key technologies, and developing experience in using ECAD tools and test equipment.
- You will be obtaining knowledge and experience in requirements analysis and definition, electronics design, electronics implementation, electronics integration, electronics test and through life support.
Our two year Graduate Programme
On joining the Leonardo graduate programme, you will unlock a wealth of development opportunities and further learning. You will receive mentoring, coaching and support to achieve your personal goals and accreditation from your professional body.
We have created a programme across our UK sites that value those who continuously ask questions and look to resolve problems through creative and innovative thinking. We will demand a high degree of customer focus and work performance from you in order to meet our operational challenges.
What’s in it for me?
Leonardo values their people and we reward commitment with a competitive remuneration and flexible benefits package including:
- Competitive starting salary and welcome bonus
- Accommodation allowance (subject to eligibility) and three performance related pay reviews within the two years
- 33 days holiday and flexible working arrangements
- Contributory pension scheme
What can I expect from my working environment?
This is an office based role using display screen equipment. You will be working full time hours which can often be within a demanding environment. As part of this role you will be expected to travel in the UK and abroad, you may be expected to stay overnight as part of this travel. Working to tight deadlines either on a regular or adhoc basis will be required.
What are you waiting for?
A career in the defence industry rewards over 162,000 people and generates a £22billion turnover. Come and be a part of a community and work with some of the most talented engineers in the UK on some of the most exciting projects around.
Don’t delay – these roles attract high competition so apply now to avoid disappointment. Roles will be closed as soon as they are offered.
Leonardo is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. We are globally renowned and are continually expanding, offering exciting opportunities to talented graduates who want to work at the forefront of our technology. With the majority of our engineers having chartered status, you can look forward to working with highly skilled professionals that are passionate about their work.
- You should also be able to demonstrate the following personal attributes: Personal ownership and responsibility for own work, Team working skills, Technical excellence, Creative problem solving ability and Leadership potential
- You must be able to satisfy the necessary security clearance for the role applied for and meet a minimum of five years permanent residency in the UK.
Qualifications and experience requirements
- You will have obtained/ or are predicted to obtain a minimum of 2:1 in electrical and electronic engineering or related discipline.
- Relevant experience via summer industrial placements advantageous. Evidence of specialist knowledge and/or interest in the areas of RF design, Microwave design, and/or design for EMC.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 01/01/2018