Leonardo – Engineering the Future
Do you want to work on real-time projects alongside leading scientists and engineers within a globally renowned company?
Leonardo has an award winning Graduate Programme that develops promising young graduates into engineers and business professionals of the future.
To provide Assurance support throughout all phases of the Product Lifecycle from initial concept through to design, development, manufacture (Internal And External) including Assembly Integration and Test.
- Ensure all customer requirements are satisfied by means of effective advanced quality planning and pro-active assurance engagement
- Ensure product and process verification and validation are completed
- Influence design quality by applying pro-active design assurance activities
- Management of all project non-conformances to a resolution
- Manage internal and customer FAV, FCA / PCA reviews and all formal customer communications
- Ensure all supplier issues and developments are managed to a conclusion
- Manage product release and build standard reconciliation
- Ensure Project improvement opportunities are managed to a conclusion
- Manage QA aspects of LRI / System Qualification programmes
- Undertake and manage to a conclusion all product and project internal audit
Our two year Graduate Programme
On joining the Leonardo graduate programme, you will unlock a wealth of development opportunities and further learning. You will receive mentoring, coaching and support to achieve your personal goals and accreditation from your professional body.
We have created a programme across our UK sites that value those who continuously ask questions and look to resolve problems through creative and innovative thinking. We will demand a high degree of customer focus and work performance from you in order to meet our operational challenges.
What’s in it for me?
Leonardo values their people and we reward commitment with a competitive remuneration and flexible benefits package including:
- Competitive starting salary and welcome bonus
- Accommodation allowance (subject to eligibility) and three performance related pay reviews within the two years
- 33 days holiday and flexible working arrangements
- Contributory pension scheme
What can I expect from my working environment?
You will be working within world class facilities regardless of which site you are based. Dependent on your role, you may be working in an office or lab environment or a combination of both. There may also be opportunities to travel between different sites and to meet with customers and suppliers. Occasionally you may also travel abroad.
What are you waiting for?
A career in the defence industry rewards over 162,000 people and generates a £22 billion turnover. Come and be a part of a community and work with some of the most talented engineers in the UK on some of the most exciting projects around.
Don’t delay – these roles attract high competition so apply now to avoid disappointment. Roles will be closed as soon as they are offered.
Leonardo is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. We are globally renowned and are continually expanding, offering exciting opportunities to talented graduates who want to work at the forefront of our technology. With the majority of our engineers having chartered status, you can look forward to working with highly skilled professionals that are passionate about their work.
- You must be able to satisfy the necessary security clearance for the role applied for and meet a minimum of five years permanent residency in the UK.
- Familiar with engineering project disciplines within the Defence Electronic Design and Manufacturing industry
- Familiar with advanced quality planning, Quality Tools and Techniques i.e. Lean, 5S, Root cause analysis, DMAIC
- Proactive Management of Non Conformance
- Ability to undertake Assurance within
- Must be a team player and be able to work with and influence others
- Must be able to interact at all levels within the business and customer base
- Must be accurate and methodical but able to support the business needs
- Must be keen to develop and challenge the norm
Qualifications and experience requirements
- All our roles require predicted minimum of an upper second class honours degree in a relevant discipline.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Closing date: 28/02/2018
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 28/02/2018