Leonardo – Engineering the Future
Do you want to work on real-time projects alongside leading scientists and engineers within a globally renowned company?
Leonardo has an award winning Graduate Programme that develops promising young graduates into engineers and business professionals of the future.
The role will be based at Leonardo MW Ltd, Capability Green, Luton in the electronic warfare line of business. It will involve learning and using the early elements of lifecycle management that are applied in the sales and marketing function.
This will include, but not limited to, creation of new sales opportunities, the supporting data and campaign planning that are associated with business winning. The successful candidate will form a crucial part ofthe Integrated Capture Team under the direction of the sales manager and sales operations manager.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work within different stages of the business winning lifecycle, from initial customer enquiry through to proposal delivery. Split across both the sales and sales operations functions, you will gain a high level of business acumen and how a global leading defence company wins new business.
There will be the opportunity to travel in support of sales capture activity
- To learn the Business Winning process and how it is applied to bids and proposals.
- To develop relationships with the Integrated Project Teams in order to become effective in delivering to customer requirements within tight timescales and budgets.
- To develop new and innovative approaches to creating sales campaigns.
- To work with both sales managers and sales operations to identify and report on new sales opportunities for the electronic warfare line of business
Our two year Graduate Programme
On joining the Leonardo graduate programme, you will unlock a wealth of development opportunities and further learning. You will receive mentoring, coaching and support to achieve your personal goals and accreditation from your professional body.
We have created a programme across our UK sites that value those who continuously ask questions and look to resolve problems through creative and innovative thinking. We will demand a high degree of customer focus and work performance from you in order to meet our operational challenges.
What’s in it for me?
Leonardo values their people and we reward commitment with a competitive remuneration and flexible benefits package including:
- Competitive starting salary and welcome bonus
- Accommodation allowance (subject to eligibility) and three performance related pay reviews within the two years
- 33 days holiday and flexible working arrangements
- Contributory pension scheme
What can I expect from my working environment?
You will be working within world class facilities regardless of which site you are based. Dependent on your role, you may be working in an office or lab environment or a combination of both. There may also be opportunities to travel between different sites and to meet with customers and suppliers. Occasionally you may also travel abroad.
What are you waiting for?
A career in the defence industry rewards over 162,000 people and generates a £22 billion turnover. Come and be a part of a community and work with some of the most talented engineers in the UK on some of the most exciting projects around.
Don’t delay – these roles attract high competition so apply now to avoid disappointment. Roles will be closed as soon as they are offered.
Leonardo is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. We are globally renowned and are continually expanding, offering exciting opportunities to talented graduates who want to work at the forefront of our technology. With the majority of our engineers having chartered status, you can look forward to working with highly skilled professionals that are passionate about their work.
- Essential requirement for enthusiastic and determined individuals.
- Excellent presentation skills, both in person and with the visualisation in suitable media.
- Computer literate and competent in the use of all Microsoft Office software packages.
- You must be able to satisfy the necessary security clearance for the role applied for and meet a minimum of five years permanent residency in the UK
Qualifications and experience requirements
All our roles require predicted minimum of an upper second class honours degree in a relevant discipline.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Closing date: 28/02/2018
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 28/02/2018