Leonardo – Engineering the Future
Do you want to work on real-time projects alongside leading scientists and engineers within a globally renowned company?
Leonardo has an award winning Graduate Programme that develops promising young graduates into engineers and business professionals of the future.
This is an opportunity to join a highly skilled software engineering team at the Basildon site. We are experts in the design and implementation of:
- Real-time embedded software code
- Graphical User Interfaces (GUI)
- Image and Signal Processing Algorithm Implementation
- Auto-generation of Software code from models
In this role you will design high performance software code within challenging timescales across a full range of potential hardware platforms, from internally developed hardware through to Android devices.
- You will work as part of a cross-discipline team to deliver a project. You will be given responsibility for your own work, and your own development. The role will include a combination of tasks, dependant on the specific project placement.
- There will be opportunities to develop expertise in all phases of the software development lifecycle, from developing models through to acceptance testing. You will also gain exposure to other engineering disciplines and business areas.
Our two year Graduate Programme
On joining the Leonardo graduate programme, you will unlock a wealth of development opportunities and further learning. You will receive mentoring, coaching and support to achieve your personal goals and accreditation from your professional body.
We have created a programme across our UK sites that value those who continuously ask questions and look to resolve problems through creative and innovative thinking. We will demand a high degree of customer focus and work performance from you in order to meet our operational challenges.
What’s in it for me?
Leonardo values their people and we reward commitment with a competitive remuneration and flexible benefits package including:
- Competitive starting salary and welcome bonus
- Accommodation allowance (subject to eligibility) and three performance related pay reviews within the two years
- 33 days holiday and flexible working arrangements
- Contributory pension scheme
What can I expect from my working environment?
You will be working within world class facilities regardless of which site you are based. Dependent on your role, you may be working in an office or lab environment or a combination of both. There may also be opportunities to travel between different sites and to meet with customers and suppliers. Occasionally you may also travel abroad.
What are you waiting for?
A career in the defence industry rewards over 162,000 people and generates a £22 billion turnover. Come and be a part of a community and work with some of the most talented engineers in the UK on some of the most exciting projects around.
Don’t delay – these roles attract high competition so apply now to avoid disappointment. Roles will be closed as soon as they are offered.
Leonardo is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. We are globally renowned and are continually expanding, offering exciting opportunities to talented graduates who want to work at the forefront of our technology. With the majority of our engineers having chartered status, you can look forward to working with highly skilled professionals that are passionate about their work.
- You must be able to satisfy the necessary security clearance for the role applied for and meet a minimum of five years permanent residency in the UK.
Qualifications and experience requirements
- All our roles require predicted minimum of an upper second class honours degree in a relevant discipline (including: BSc/BEng/MEng Degree educated (computer science, mathematics or physics).
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Closing date: 31/03/2018
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 31/03/2018