Do you want to work on real-time projects alongside leading scientists and engineers within a globally renowned company?
Leonardo has an award winning Graduate Programme that develops promising young graduates into engineers and business professionals of the future.
The Leonardo Luton site is home to the Electronic Warfare (EW) and Major Air Programs (MAP) Lines of Business (LoB), both part of the Airborne and Space Systems Division. The division develops and produces a wide range of products and solutions for both manned and unmanned aircraft platforms, including integrated mission systems, airborne radars and sensors, protection and countermeasure systems, on-board avionics, and simulation systems.
As software rngineering graduates are an important part of the software community at Luton we will provide you with the support and environment you need to develop your career and maximise your potential. Successful candidates are expected to perform in all areas of the software development lifecycle from requirement definition, analysis, design, code, test and integration. This could be developing real-time embedded software on a complex aircraft protection system or development of new applications to run on a PC desk-top environment
Youwill be exposed to the latest tools, technologies and processes and there may be opportunities to contribute towards the investigation and analysis of leading edge development methodologies and influence the future path of software development within Leonardo.
- Working as part of an established software development team and supported by a team of experienced engineers you will be expected to:
- Develop and apply your knowledge of software engineering to undertake and support activities, delivering to agreed performance targets, cost and schedule.
- Develop practical skills in design techniques for land, see and aerospace applications, understand key processes and technologies, and develop software using state-of-the-art modelling tools, compilers and test environments.
- Work closely with Software engineers and Hardware engineers to solve real integration problems on complex systems.
- Complete tasks in accordance with appropriate processes and procedures to a high standard.
Our two year Graduate Programme
On joining the Leonardo graduate programme, you will unlock a wealth of development opportunities and further learning. You will receive mentoring, coaching and support to achieve your personal goals and accreditation from your professional body.
We have created a programme across our UK sites that value those who continuously ask questions and look to resolve problems through creative and innovative thinking. We will demand a high degree of customer focus and work performance from you in order to meet our operational challenges.
What’s in it for me?
Leonardo values their people and we reward commitment with a competitive remuneration and flexible benefits package including:
- Competitive starting salary and welcome bonus
- Accommodation allowance (subject to eligibility) and three performance related pay reviews within the two years
- 33 days holiday and flexible working arrangements
- Contributory pension scheme
What are you waiting for?
A career in the defence industry rewards over 162,000 people and generates a £22billion turnover. Come and be a part of a community and work with some of the most talented engineers in the UK on some of the most exciting projects around.
Don’t delay – these roles attract high competition so apply now to avoid disappointment. Roles will be closed as soon as they are offered.
Leonardo is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. We are globally renowned and are continually expanding, offering exciting opportunities to talented graduates who want to work at the forefront of our technology. With the majority of our engineers having chartered status, you can look forward to working with highly skilled professionals that are passionate about their work.
- You must be able to satisfy the necessary security clearance for the role applied for and meet a minimum of five years permanent residency in the UK.
- Ability to demonstrate and apply system-level thinking.
- You will ideally have knowledge and experience in several of the following areas:
- Self-motivated with an aptitude to problem solving and ability to drive difficult issues to conclusion.
- Able to work with minimum direction/supervision on complex tasks.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, and the ability to interact with subject matter experts regarding a range of technical and operational topics.
- Confidence and ability to challenge/respond to technical/process issues.
- Experience of working with engineering development tools (e.g. Rhapsody, System Architect, Matlab, Simulink, DOORS).
- Knowledge of EW and UAS domain technologies and products.
Qualifications and experience requirements
- All our roles require predicted minimum of an upper second class honours degree in a relevant discipline. We are offering exciting and challenging software engineering opportunity's for new graduates with a science based degree e.g. software engineering, computer science, physics, mathematics or electronic engineering (BSc (Hon) / BEng (Hon) / MEng).
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 01/01/2018