Do you want to work on real-time projects alongside leading scientists and engineers within a globally renowned company?
Leonardo has an award winning Graduate Programme that develops promising young graduates into engineers and business professionals of the future.
The Graduate System Engineer will work within TCS providing engineering support to the definition, development, delivery and commissioning of Air Traffic Management and Surveillance systems.
- The suitable candidate will work as part of the Integrated Project Team delivering specific services and products to our customers
- Conduct engineering activities in line with the design, development and delivery processes working within a small team
- Support software development of Leonardo products within Linux environments
- Be responsible for specific deliveries on development, integration and delivery projects under direction of the engineering lead
Our two year Graduate Programme
On joining the Leonardo graduate programme, you will unlock a wealth of development opportunities and further learning. You will receive mentoring, coaching and support to achieve your personal goals and accreditation from your professional body.
We have created a programme across our UK sites that value those who continuously ask questions and look to resolve problems through creative and innovative thinking. We will demand a high degree of customer focus and work performance from you in order to meet our operational challenges.
What’s in it for me?
Leonardo values their people and we reward commitment with a competitive remuneration and flexible benefits package including:
- Competitive starting salary and welcome bonus
- Accommodation allowance (subject to eligibility) and three performance related pay reviews within the two years
- 33 days holiday and flexible working arrangements
- Contributory pension scheme
What are you waiting for?
A career in the defence industry rewards over 162,000 people and generates a £22billion turnover. Come and be a part of a community and work with some of the most talented engineers in the UK on some of the most exciting projects around.
Don’t delay – these roles attract high competition so apply now to avoid disappointment. Roles will be closed as soon as they are offered.
Leonardo is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. We are globally renowned and are continually expanding, offering exciting opportunities to talented graduates who want to work at the forefront of our technology. With the majority of our engineers having chartered status, you can look forward to working with highly skilled professionals that are passionate about their work.
You must be able to satisfy the necessary security clearance for the role applied for and meet a minimum of 5 years permanent residency in the UK.
Knowledge of two or more of the following.
- System Design
- System Integration
- Software languages
- Large computer systems running under Linux or Unix
Qualifications and experience requirements
- All our roles require predicted minimum of an upper second class honours degree in a relevant discipline including science, engineering or physics
- Good mathematics background
Accepted degree subjects
physics · electronic and electrical engineering
How to apply
Closing date: 28/02/2018
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 28/02/2018