Leonardo – Engineering the Future
Do you want to work on real-time projects alongside leading scientists and engineers within a globally renowned company?
Leonardo has an award winning Graduate Programme that develops promising young graduates into engineers and business professionals of the future.
Security & Information Systems is an exciting and expanding part of the Leonardo organisation, designing, delivering and supporting secure systems for our various customers, primarily in the cyber security industry. The cyber security industry is one of the fastest growing markets worldwide, playing a key role in international security and the value of online business. Operating securely is an outcome needed by all IT-enabled organisations. This outcome is achieved when security becomes a part of the culture of the organisation, embedded in its thinking, processes and technologies.
We are seeking to appoint a high calibre graduate to work as a Systems Engineer based at our offices in Bristol. They will be developing their skill-set alongside experienced systems engineers providing delivery and technical engineering support into the Defence Industry, Emergency Services Industry Central, Local and International Government Departments, Energy Industry and private sector clients.
Our engineers design, implement, test, deliver and support robust, agile secure Information Systems solutions to manage the risks of information loss and misuse associated with cyber-attacks. We improve the cyber posture of organisations in line with business needs and leverage this position to support their requirements for business restructuring, achieving operational efficiency, programme delivery, IT transition, service sourcing and delivery strategies.
The successful candidate must have an all-round technical ability with an aptitude for learning new technologies.
You will bedeveloping core engineering skills across the system lifecycle in areas such as:
Requirements management and System Analysis
- System Design
- Infrastructure and Network design
- System implementation, integration, testing and through life support
- Fault finding and problem solving
- Continuous improvement of people, processes and technology
You will also build competence in technical areas such as:
- Developing technical architectures to support customer requirements
- Supporting the delivery and transition of ICT services and applications
- Cyber threat analysis and information security monitoring
- Integration of COTS technologies within secure environments
Other responsibilities are likely to include:
- Identify and support business development opportunities
- Represent Leonardo externally at client sites, events and academic institutions
- Share knowledge and experience with other staff
- Perform other essential duties as assigned
Most training will be delivered via on-the-job experience working in teams alongside experienced engineers and sometimes assimilated within our clients’ project groups. Additional formal training to supplement may be provided via taught courses depending on the business needs.
Our two year Graduate Programme
On joining the Leonardo graduate programme, you will unlock a wealth of development opportunities and further learning. You will receive mentoring, coaching and support to achieve your personal goals and accreditation from your professional body.
We have created a programme across our UK sites that value those who continuously ask questions and look to resolve problems through creative and innovative thinking. We will demand a high degree of customer focus and work performance from you in order to meet our operational challenges.
What’s in it for me?
Leonardo values their people and we reward commitment with a competitive remuneration and flexible benefits package including:
- Competitive starting salary and welcome bonus
- Accommodation allowance (subject to eligibility) and three performance related pay reviews within the two years
- 33 days holiday and flexible working arrangements
- Contributory pension scheme
What can I expect from my working environment?
You will be working within world class facilities regardless of which site you are based. Dependent on your role, you may be working in an office or lab environment or a combination of both. There may also be opportunities to travel between different sites and to meet with customers and suppliers. Occasionally you may also travel abroad.
What are you waiting for?
A career in the defence industry rewards over 162,000 people and generates a £22 billion turnover. Come and be a part of a community and work with some of the most talented engineers in the UK on some of the most exciting projects around.
Don’t delay – these roles attract high competition so apply now to avoid disappointment. Roles will be closed as soon as they are offered.
Leonardo is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. We are globally renowned and are continually expanding, offering exciting opportunities to talented graduates who want to work at the forefront of our technology. With the majority of our engineers having chartered status, you can look forward to working with highly skilled professionals that are passionate about their work.
- You must be able to satisfy the necessary security clearance for the role applied for and meet a minimum of five years permanent residency in the UK.
- Have technical engineering skills, and the ability to learn new technologies;
- Be confident to identify and communicate technical issues and key concerns to senior staff and work with a team to develop and execute coherent approaches to the solution;
- Possess strong interpersonal skills, and be capable of building relationships with team members and customers;
- Possess good analytical skills with attention to detail;
- Possess excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
- Be confident operating a PC and familiar with Microsoft Office applications;
- Strive for excellence in engineering activities, both personally and professionally.
- Be highly motivated, flexible and willing to work in a focused and demanding environment
- Have the ability to be innovative
Qualifications and experience requirements
- All our roles require predicted minimum of an upper second class honours degree in a relevant discipline, preferably in computer science, ICT, mathematics, physics, engineering, or similar technical discipline.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Closing date: 28/02/2018
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 28/02/2018