Do you want to work on real-time projects alongside leading scientists and engineers within a globally renowned company?
Leonardo has an award winning Graduate Programme that develops promising young graduates into engineers and business professionals of the future.
Utilising the latest technologies, Leonardo delivers a world leading portfolio of products to meet the exacting demands of contemporary operational use of high performance Radar systems, Airborne Lasers and turret based Electro-Optic (EO) systems.
Leonardo is the world leader in design, development and production of high energy laser designators for targeting applications, a range of products delivering all round Infra-Red Countermeasure protection for rotary & fixed wing platforms and Airborne Radar outside of the US.
The field is challenging, but for the appropriate candidate the innovative nature of the work, the intellectual challenge and the creative diversity all add up to an exciting career opportunity. Working within the Leonardo Airborne and Space Systems division based at Edinburgh’s Radar and Advanced Targeting site, the successful candidate will undertake design and development activities on Radar and Electro Optic systems across the Radar and Advanced Targeting product range.
During the Graduate training period the key responsibilities will be:
- The accumulation of knowledge and experience in the design and development of Radar and Advanced Targeting systems
- Contributing constructively to the work of the Integrated Project Team
Our two year Graduate Programme
On joining the Leonardo graduate programme, you will unlock a wealth of development opportunities and further learning. You will receive mentoring, coaching and support to achieve your personal goals and accreditation from your professional body.
We have created a programme across our UK sites that value those who continuously ask questions and look to resolve problems through creative and innovative thinking. We will demand a high degree of customer focus and work performance from you in order to meet our operational challenges.
What’s in it for me?
Leonardo values their people and we reward commitment with a competitive remuneration and flexible benefits package including:
- Competitive starting salary and welcome bonus
- Accommodation allowance (subject to eligibility) and three performance related pay reviews within the two years
- 33 days holiday and flexible working arrangements
- Contributory pension scheme
What can I expect from my working environment?
This is an office based role working full time hours using display screen equipment.
Occasional overnight stays during visits to other sites and locations are required as part of the role and there is a need to work in laboratory conditions on occasion during which time, adherence to the prevailing safe working practices will be mandatory.
What are you waiting for?
A career in the defence industry rewards over 162,000 people and generates a £22billion turnover. Come and be a part of a community and work with some of the most talented engineers in the UK on some of the most exciting projects around.
Don’t delay – these roles attract high competition so apply now to avoid disappointment. Roles will be closed as soon as they are offered.
Leonardo is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. We are globally renowned and are continually expanding, offering exciting opportunities to talented graduates who want to work at the forefront of our technology. With the majority of our engineers having chartered status, you can look forward to working with highly skilled professionals that are passionate about their work.
- You must be able to obtain SC security clearance (if necessary) and have a minimum of five years permanent residency in the UK.
- The role also requires access to UK Caveated information; therefore the candidate will be required to have either sole or dual UK nationality.
- The ability to demonstrate good team working and interpersonal skills are essential to ensure that effective links with internal and external customers are maintained and developed.
Qualifications and experience requirements
• Applicants must have obtained, or be predicted to obtain a minimum of an upper second class honours degree in an appropriate discipline, including; aeronautical engineering, aerospace engineering/manufacturing/technology, engineering design, product designe ngineering, systems engineering, applied mathematics, applied physics, astronomy/space science, astrophysics, engineering physics, engineering science, experimental physics, mathematical sciences, mathematics, m athematics and statistics, physics, physics and mathematics, robotics science.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 01/01/2018