Do you want to work on real-time projects alongside leading scientists and engineers within a globally renowned company?
Leonardo has an award winning Graduate Programme that develops promising young graduates into engineers and business professionals of the future.
Graduate Engineers will be given the opportunity to work in integrated product teams (IPT) developing state-of-the-art test solutions for our radar and electro-optic products. Graduate engineers, in general will report to a senior engineer who will provide them with day to day guidance and on the job training. They will be introduced to the development processes utilising state-of-the-art methods, technology and tools.
Graduate engineers are encouraged to gain experience of all aspects of the development lifecycle, including requirements analysis, design, implementation, integration, applied research and test.
- To actively participate in the IGr@d Scheme over two years.
- To learn the skills required for equipment development. This includes developing practical skills in advanced design techniques for aerospace applications, understanding of key technologies, developing experience using LabView toolset.
- Graduates are given the opportunity to explore a number of the aspects of the development lifecycle during their time in the graduate development framework. This includes requirements analysis and definition, design, implementation, integration, test and through life support.
- Most training will be delivered via on the job experience whilst working on real production hardware within project groups delivering sensor systems to our customers. Additional formal technical training to augment the on the job training will be provided via taught courses dependent upon the business need and also on the career direction of the individual.
Our two year Graduate Programme
On joining the Leonardo graduate programme, you will unlock a wealth of development opportunities and further learning. You will receive mentoring, coaching and support to achieve your personal goals and accreditation from your professional body.
We have created a programme across our UK sites that value those who continuously ask questions and look to resolve problems through creative and innovative thinking. We will demand a high degree of customer focus and work performance from you in order to meet our operational challenges.
What’s in it for me?
Leonardo values their people and we reward commitment with a competitive remuneration and flexible benefits package including:
- Competitive starting salary and welcome bonus
- Accommodation allowance (subject to eligibility) and three performance related pay reviews within the two years
- 33 days holiday and flexible working arrangements
- Contributory pension scheme
What can I expect from my working environment?
This role is primarily office based and requires the use of display screen equipment (PCs).
What are you waiting for?
A career in the defence industry rewards over 162,000 people and generates a £22billion turnover. Come and be a part of a community and work with some of the most talented engineers in the UK on some of the most exciting projects around.
Don’t delay – these roles attract high competition so apply now to avoid disappointment. Roles will be closed as soon as they are offered.
Leonardo is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. We are globally renowned and are continually expanding, offering exciting opportunities to talented graduates who want to work at the forefront of our technology. With the majority of our engineers having chartered status, you can look forward to working with highly skilled professionals that are passionate about their work.
- You must be able to satisfy the necessary security clearance for the role applied for and meet a minimum of five years permanent residency in the UK.
Qualifications and experience requirements
- The candidate should hold, or be predicted to obtain, an MEng/MSc or BEng (Hons) / BSc (Hons) at 2:1 or above in electrical and electronic engineering or a related discipline.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 01/01/2018