Leonardo – Engineering the Future
Do you want to work on real-time projects alongside leading scientists and engineers within a globally renowned company?
Leonardo’s Industrial Placement Programme offers you a paid opportunity to develop your current skillset in an innovative and practical environment that can lead to a place on our award winning Graduate Development programme.
We are looking for talented, enthusiastic, hardworking science and engineering students who enjoy solving complex problems to join our antenna team at Luton. Your role would involve the modelling and simulation of our antenna designs installed on fast jet, UAV, land and naval platforms.
- You will get the opportunity to develop lifelong skills with the support of world class experts in their field, whilst using world class computing facilities to model cutting edge antenna designs that meet challenging future customer requirements.
- You will learn how to assess your designs in our well-equipped anechoic antenna test chambers using RF/Microwave test methods.
The six month – one year Industrial Placement Graduate Programme
We have created a programme across our UK sites that not only increase your technical skills but give you the opportunity to work on meaningful real life projects alongside experienced engineers and graduates across our business. You will receive coaching and support to achieve your personal goals and work in multidisciplinary teams to gain as much experience across the product lifecycle from your time in industry, as possible. Our ultimate aim is to see you through your undergrad years and hopefully offer you a place on our 2 year Graduate Development programme at an appropriate time.
We value those who continuously ask questions and look to resolve problems through creative and innovative thinking. We will demand a high degree of customer focus and work performance from you in order to meet our operational challenges.
What’s in it for me?
Leonardo values their people and we reward commitment with a competitive remuneration and flexible benefits package including:
- Competitive salary and accommodation allowance (subject to eligibility)
- 33 days holiday and flexible working arrangements
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private healthcare
What can I expect from my working environment?
You will be working within world class facilities regardless of which site you are based. Dependent on your role, you may be working in an office or lab environment or a combination of both. There may also be opportunities to travel between different sites and to meet with customers and suppliers. Occasionally you may also travel abroad.
What are you waiting for?
A career in the defence industry rewards over 162,000 people and generates a £22billion turnover. Come and be a part of a community and work with some of the most talented engineers in the UK on some of the most exciting projects around.
Don’t delay – these roles attract high competition so apply now to avoid disappointment. Roles will be closed as soon as they are offered.
Leonardo is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. We are globally renowned and are continually expanding, offering exciting opportunities to talented graduates who want to work at the forefront of our technology. With the majority of our engineers having chartered status, you can look forward to working with highly skilled professionals that are passionate about their work.
- You must be able to satisfy the necessary security clearance for the role applied for and meet a minimum of five years permanent residency in the UK.
- It would be useful to include in your CV details of courses and projects you have undertaken at university.
Qualifications and experience requirements
- You will be on your way to an undergraduate degree in electronic engineering, physics or mathematics.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Don't delat - Roles will be closed as soon as they are offered! so APPLY NOW to avoid disappointment.
Closing date: 28/02/2018
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 28/02/2018