Leonardo - Engineering the Future.
Do you want to work on real-time projects alongside leading scientists and engineers within a globally renowned company?
Leonardo’s Industrial Placement Programme offers you a paid opportunity to develop your current skillset in an innovative and practical environment that can lead to a place on our award winning Graduate Development programme.
The role as a Leonardo Industrial Placement Mechanical Engineer will be to support the design and development of our world leading electro-optic and Comms and Network products under the guidance of experienced Mechanical Team Leads. You will be introduced to utilising state-of-the-art methods, technology and tools to explore all aspects of the development lifecycle, including requirements analysis, design, implementation, test, build and product support. You will interface with customers (internal and external) on many factors within the design and liaise closely with Engineers from other disciplines, particularly Systems and Electronics
- To learn the skills required to become a professional Mechanical Engineer.
- Working to timescales
- Work as a contributory engineering team member
- Undertake day-to-day engineering activities with some guidance and support
- Ask for help where appropriate and learn from more experienced team members
- Contribute to engineering team decisions, and understand why such decisions are made and their relationship to project success criteria
- Explore new experiences and opportunities to learn within the engineering environment.
- Seek and share good practice and knowledge locally to continuously improve own practices
The six-month – one-year Industrial Placement Graduate Programme
We have created a programme across our UK sites that not only increase your technical skills but give you the opportunity to work on meaningful real life projects alongside experienced engineers and graduates across our business. You will receive coaching and support to achieve your personal goals and work in multidisciplinary teams to gain as much experience across the product lifecycle from your time in industry, as possible. Our ultimate aim is to see you through your undergrad years and hopefully offer you a place on our two year Graduate Development programme at an appropriate time.
We value those who continuously ask questions and look to resolve problems through creative and innovative thinking. We will demand a high degree of customer focus and work performance from you in order to meet our operational challenges.
What’s in it for me?
Leonardo values their people and we reward commitment with a competitive remuneration and flexible benefits package including:
- Competitive salary and accommodation allowance (subject to eligibility)
- 33 days holiday and flexible working arrangements
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private healthcare
What are you waiting for?
A career in the defence industry rewards over 162,000 people and generates a £22billion turnover. Come and be a part of a community and work with some of the most talented engineers in the UK on some of the most exciting projects around.
Leonardo is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. We are globally renowned and are continually expanding, offering exciting opportunities to talented graduates who want to work at the forefront of our technology. With the majority of our engineers having chartered status, you can look forward to working with highly skilled professionals that are passionate about their work.
- Candidate must be self-motivated and willing to take on new challenges.
- Good communications skills are essential
- The ability to develop good working relationships with stakeholders.
You must be able to satisfy the necessary security clearance for the role applied for and meet a minimum of 5 years permanent residency in the UK.
Qualifications and experience requirements
Candidates should be progressing a degree education in Mechanical Engineering or related subject, and have foundation knowledge of engineering.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Don’t delay – these roles attract high competition so apply now to avoid disappointment. Roles will be closed as soon as they are offered.
Closing date: 28/02/2018
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 28/02/2018