Leonardo - Engineering the Future
Looking for a great start to your career in technology, earning and learning on a professionally accredited, award winning scheme?
We are looking to recruit the technical and business experts of the future through our nationally recognised, award winning Apprenticeship Programmes.
On joining the three year Leonardo Manufacturing Apprentice Programme, you will unlock a wealth of learning and development opportunities. We are eager to recruit enthusiastic people into the Company who have the capability to develop into highly competent Manufacturing Operatives.
- A methodical and practical approach to problem solving
- A desire to work in an exciting Production environment and an enthusiasm to learn and develop practical and personal skills to compliment the business requirements
- The role involves teamwork and close contact with internal functions to ensure we satisfy our customers
- Work within defined M&SC procedures, with limited supervision and escalate problems to immediate supervisor for resolution as they arise, in order to complete assigned tasks
- We do not expect candidates to have experience in our specialised technology or manufacturing processes, but to demonstrate initiative and flexibility and the desire to learn and develop
- An enthusiastic approach to working in this exciting environment is essential
- Identify and resolve problems as they occur, within basic operating procedures
- Communicate with colleagues outside of own team in order to gain clarification and/or guidance for completion of defined task
- Provide coaching and guidance to junior team members and/or apprentices
- Daily Meetings on schedule adherence, load boards and visual KPI’s
- Adherence to the Manufacturing Console routing times and process steps
- Actively engaged with Gemba Walks so that C.I activities are implemented
- Provide support to product transfer
- Time management and absence management
- Organise own workload to ensure time is utilised effectively
- Ensure safety and quality standards are maintained to expected levels
What do we need from you?
Academic requirements, you must have (as a minimum) the following qualifications:
- Two x GCSE grades 4 – 9 or grades A-C, English and maths or equivalents
- Have a minimum of five years permanent residency in the UK
- Successfully complete SC security clearance
What can I expect from my working environment?
You will be working within world class facilities regardless of which site you are based. Dependent on your role, you may be working in an office or lab environment or a combination of both. There may also be opportunities to travel between different sites and to meet with customers and suppliers. Occasionally you may also travel abroad.
What’s in it for me?
Leonardo values their people and we reward commitment with a competitive remuneration and flexible benefits package including:
- Competitive starting salary
- Annual incremental pay increases
- Three performance related pay reviews in the two years following your apprenticeship
- 33 days holiday and flexible working arrangements
- Pension scheme (Contributory)
What are you waiting for?
A career in the defence industry rewards over 162,000 people and generates a £22billion turnover. Come and be a part of a community and work with some of the most talented engineers in the UK on some of the most exciting projects around.
Don’t delay – these roles attract high competition so apply now to avoid disappointment. Roles will be closed as soon as they are offered.
Leonardo is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. We are globally renowned and are continually expanding, offering exciting opportunities to talented people who want to work at the forefront of our technology. Across our technical, engineering and business functions you can look forward to working with highly skilled professionals that are passionate about their work.
In delivering against these challenges, people are our greatest asset and as a Leonardo Apprentice you will broaden your horizons to a diverse range of possibilities. You will be learning while working alongside design, development, manufacturing, test and delivery and business support teams to create this cutting edge technology for a worldwide market.
If you are willing to challenge yourself, to stretch your boundaries, to apply your mind to the solution of challenging problems, join one of our accredited apprentice programmes and ensure you give yourself the best foundation for your technical or business career. You will be learning while working alongside the people that create cutting edge technology for a worldwide market.
How to apply
Closing date: 28/02/2018
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 28/02/2018