This is an exciting placement opportunity to join the quality team in a premier defence electronics company. The role will be based in stunning Edinburgh where Leonardo’s RADAR and Advanced Electric-Optic Targeting solutions reside.
The lucky student will be trained in the undertaking a range of specialist quality tasks in the areas of product teams or quality function; assisting business delivery and performance. Candidate will develop skills to manage their own work with limited supervision and resolve problems and queries. The role includes contribution to customer and vendor aspects, working within quality planning and participating in non-conformance, corrective action and continuous improvement.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Contribute in delivering equipment and processes to specification and internal or customer requirements.
- Reporting, analysis and maintenance of QualityFailure Incidences to closure.
- Procurement and supplier Interface assistance
- Supporting the business processes by undertaking specialist quality work, such as:
- Engineering support and design reviews
- Audit and reporting
- Conduct first article inspection / verification acceptance
- Final test, workmanship and product acceptance
- Quality requirement capture
- Production readiness reviews
- Attendance at failure review and material review boards
- Analyse and communicate data to support the understanding of information and decision making.
This is mainly an office based role using display screen equipment but you will also work in development labs and in production areas Inc. a clean room environment.
Working to tight deadlines either on a regular or ad hoc basis will be required. Occasional travel within the UK and abroad with overnight stays may be required.
The nature of the tasks involved means that any candidate being considered for the position must be capable of achieving full SC security clearance and in addition the candidate will require access to caveated information such as UK eyes only and ITAR.
Leonardo is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. We are globally renowned and are continually expanding, offering exciting opportunities to talented graduates who want to work at the forefront of our technology. With the majority of our engineers having chartered status, you can look forward to working with highly skilled professionals that are passionate about their work.
Qualifications and experience requirements
The successful candidate will currently be at university studying a Bachelors Degree [or equivalent] in engineering, quality, manufacturing or musiness.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Closing date: 28/02/2018
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 28/02/2018