This is an opportunity to gain experience with working with and a highly skilled software engineering team at the Basildon site. We are experts in the design and implementation of:
- Real-time embedded software code
- Graphical User Interfaces (GUI)
- Image and signal processing algorithm implementation
- Auto-generation of software code from models
In this role you will gain experience of designing high performance software code within challenging timescales across a full range of potential hardware platforms, from internally developed hardware through to Android devices.
Key Responsibility Areas
You will work as part of a cross-discipline team to deliver a project. You will be given responsibility for your own work, and your own development. The role will include a combination of tasks, dependant on the specific project placement.
There will be opportunities to develop expertise in all phases of the software development lifecycle, from developing models through to acceptance testing. You will also gain exposure to other engineering disciplines and business areas.
- Office and lab based
- Display screen equipment user
- Demanding work environments with tight deadlines
- Travel within UK and abroad
Leonardo is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. We are globally renowned and are continually expanding, offering exciting opportunities to talented graduates who want to work at the forefront of our technology. With the majority of our engineers having chartered status, you can look forward to working with highly skilled professionals that are passionate about their work.
Qualifications and experience requirements
- You will be progressing a degree education in a computing, mathematical, engineering or science related subject.
- Knowledge of software and/or applications such as:
- Designing software solutions using models / design tools
- Developing software code in a high level language
- Signal Processing or Image processing
- Communication and network protocols
- Programming languages e.g. C/C++/Java /Python
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Closing date: 28/02/2018
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 28/02/2018