We offer a range of exciting summer placement opportunities across various technical functions. Leonardo relies on having the very best employees to maintain its competitive edge and has some of the industry’s most sophisticated technology at its fingertips. Undertaking a placement with Leonardo can provide invaluable support to your current studies: you will not only be working for a company at the cutting-edge of technology, you will also be enhancing your skills and business acumen and opening up your horizons to the diverse and dynamic ways in which your degree could be used in the future. As well as the opportunity to gain hands on experience we offer our placement students a competitive salary and relevant training and development opportunities.
Summer placement students will be involved in a variety of tasks in one of the following engineering disciplines – Hardware, Software, Systems, Microwave, Test Solutions, Quality, Supportability, or Industrial Engineering.
Providing support to real projects, placement students will be required to apply knowledge gained while studying in a practical way. Placement students will undertake activities including designing, testing, qualifying and supporting technology across our range of products. The challenging tasks will involve communicating with other team members to gain information before completing objectives and examining outcomes.
The placements will be based at Capability Green, Luton, home to the Electronic Warfare Line of Business within Leonardo.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Delivering small packages of work to time, cost and quality
- Working within a team to achieve project targets
- Communicating with team members to share knowledge
- Using the opportunity to develop engineering skills. A supervisor will be available to provide mentoring whilst working as a fully integrated member of the team.
- Office based. Note: some placements may involve working in a lab environment
- Use of display screen equipment
- Possible local travel (UK)
- Full time hours
- Candidates must be able to obtain SC security clearance (if necessary) and have a minimum of 5 years permanent residency in the UK
Leonardo is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. We are globally renowned and are continually expanding, offering exciting opportunities to talented graduates who want to work at the forefront of our technology. With the majority of our engineers having chartered status, you can look forward to working with highly skilled professionals that are passionate about their work.
Competencies we look for:
- Achieving High Performance
- Continuously Improving
- Customer Focus
- Working Together
- Personal: Self Awareness and Confidence
- Technical: Analysis, Judgement and Problem Solving
- Self-motivated with lots of drive and enthusiasm
- Able to use own initiative to achieve overall objectives
- Able to work under pressure and achieve challenging deadlines within an environment of changing priorities
- Highly responsive with strong customer focus
- Thorough, seeing job through to completion while maintaining high Standards
Qualifications and experience requirements
- Good communication skills are essential, both written and verbal.
- Ability to solve technical problems.
- Computer literacy and the ability to use the MS Office suite of tools.
- Aptitude and interest in engineering and/or science.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Closing date: 28/02/2018
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 28/02/2018