Engineering the Future.
Looking for a great start to your career in technology, earning and learning on a professionally accredited, award winning scheme?
We are looking to recruit the technical and business experts of the future through our nationally recognised, award winning Apprenticeship programmes.
- The Technical apprentice will rotate around the different engineering placements on offer, gaining hands on experience while learning from those more experienced employees around them
- You will complete small work packages across the departments allowing you to get a thorough understanding of how each department contributes to the success of the company
- Towards the end of the Apprentice Training Scheme, individuals will be expected to focus on more specialised roles and undertake greater responsibilities in preparation for moving to a permanent role
- You will be required to follow company policies and procedures to ensure safe working at all times
- Record learning points throughout your apprenticeship, helping to gain knowledge and to build evidence for NVQ Assessment
- Timely completion of the NVQ course requirements is essential
- Follow set instructions and complete tasks promptly and efficiently
- Use the opportunity to develop your engineering skills
- Mentoring support will be provided whilst the apprentice is part of the team
The four-year Technical Apprentice Programme
On joining the Leonardo Technical Apprentice Programme, you will unlock a wealth of learning and development opportunities. We have created a programme that not only increases your technical skills and capability through hands on experience working with specialists in their field but also develops your academic and practical understanding of the diverse world that is engineering. You will become part of a programme that is managed and tailored to provide a springboard into the world of professional engineering.
What do we need from you?
Five GCSE grade A-C, to include English, maths and science or equivalent.
- Ability to achieve high performance
- Want continuous improvement
- Develop customer focus
- Team player
- Demonstrate self awareness and confidence
- A passion for technical analysis, judgement and problem solving
- Have a minimum of five years permanent residency in the UK
- Successfully complete SC security clearance
What’s in it for me?
Leonardo values their people and we reward commitment with a competitive remuneration and flexible benefits package including:
- Competitive starting salary
- Annual incremental pay increases
- Three performance related pay reviews in the two years following your apprenticeship
- 33 days holiday and flexible working arrangements
- Pension scheme (Contributory)
What can I expect from my working environment?
You will be working within world class facilities. Dependent on your role, you may be working in an office or lab environment or a combination of both. There may also be opportunities to travel between the different sites and to meet with customers and suppliers. Occasionally you may have the opportunity to travel.
What are you waiting for?
A career in the defence industry rewards over 162,000 people and generates a £22billion turnover. Come and be a part of a community and work with some of the most talented engineers in the UK on some of the most exciting projects around.
Leonardo is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. We are globally renowned and are continually expanding, offering exciting opportunities to talented people who want to work at the forefront of our technology. Across our technical, engineering and business functions you can look forward to working with highly skilled professionals that are passionate about their work.
In delivering against these challenges, people are our greatest asset and as a Leonardo Apprentice you will broaden your horizons to a diverse range of possibilities. You will be learning while working alongside design, development, manufacturing, test and delivery and business support teams to create this cutting edge technology for a worldwide market.
If you are willing to challenge yourself, to stretch your boundaries, to apply your mind to the solution of challenging problems, join one of our accredited apprentice programmes and ensure you give yourself the best foundation for your technical or business career. You will be learning while working alongside the people that create cutting edge technology for a worldwide market.
How to apply
Closing date: 28/02/2018
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 28/02/2018