LexisNexis® Risk Solutions Group are seeking soon to graduate or recent graduates who have a passion for data science and analytics to start an exciting career at the leading edge of business-to-business data services. We have opportunities across travel and aviation, precision agriculture, petrochemicals, HR compliance and financial services for which we are looking for the next generation of talented Data Scientists.
We want you to be curious and innovative with our data to help solve brand new industry problems with the latest tools and technologies. In exchange you will have the opportunity to become a valued contributor, learn to solve some of the most complex data problems in the world, and embed yourself within an industry leading team.
Joining a structured and well-developed graduate scheme, you will receive a blend of technical, commercial and soft skills training. This is partnered with both coaching and on-the-job experience to help you develop into a well-rounded team member. You will also be part of a wider graduate community spanning over five years, with frequent social events including charity days, diversity and inclusion events, and specific graduate and business socials.
A career at Risk Solutions Group (RSG) gives you the freedom to innovate, the trust to find your own path and the space to be original. It’s not just what you do, but how you do it, that is important to us.
Opportunities and responsibilities
Gradually, with support, you will be able to
- Become proficient with our data workflows, technologies and tooling
- Understand and contribute to our end-to-end data workflows from data ingestion, cleansing and transformation through to visualisation and machine learning
- Independently run small data exploration and machine learning projects
- Create data dictionaries, manage complex entity relationships and assess data quality
- Engage with cross-functional teams to understand their data requirements and generate innovative ideas
- Communicate the results of your work to diverse internal and external audiences
- Work as a Data Science subject matter expert, providing advice to engineers, project managers and product owners
- Work with the latest data technologies such as Spark, NoSQL, Databricks and Cloud
- Work with the latest Business Intelligence and visualisation tools, from Power BI to R-Shiny
What it’s like to work here?
Outstanding - you’ve probably already got a feel for what we do and the technology we’re involved with but what’s really stands us out from the crowd is our culture. We’re an agile, dynamic and forward-thinking organisation who understands the importance of looking after our staff. We pride ourselves on delivering high-quality products while providing our employees with interesting challenges for their personal and career development and also striking the right balance between work and family life.
What we are looking for
- Passionate collaborator with a focus on what is best for the team
- Enthusiastic about problem solving
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Clear interest in working with both internal and external stakeholders
- Foundational technical skills are desirable (e.g. Python, R, SQL, Linux)
- Interest/eto cloud providers (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP) and their data tools are also desirable
- STEM (science, technology, engineering or maths) related degree or equivalent
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 5 February 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 5 February 2021