Over two years you will work at two of the businesses within the LexisNexis Risk Solutions Group, Cirium focuses on aviation and travel data whilst the LexisNexis Risk Solutions role will be in Financial Crime Screening. In both roles you will work to build out your experience of a user-centred design process learning best practice methods for researching, designing and validating solutions within a team of UX designers.
As a company that provides business to business data solutions we look at solving complex workflow problems for our customers and delivering insights from vast quantities of data that help customers to make critical decisions. In Financial Crime Screening we help financial institutions prevent money laundering, terrorist funding and fraud. At Cirium we help airports plan where to park the planes, airlines to plan maintenance of their fleet and insurers to estimate the risk level by knowing the wear of every component of an aircraft.
We have a very active UX community across the group which works collectively to share best practice and keep each other up to date on UX tools and techniques. You will have the opportunity to learn from and contribute to this community as you develop your skills.
A typical day would involve meeting with product managers to review designs for new product features, time spent designing user interfaces and working with developers to bring designs to reality. At times you will be able to interview end users and watch them using our products while asking questions to understand their needs and pain points. You may find yourself selling the value of UX to teams that haven’t had much exposure to the benefits yet or gathering with a group of UX colleagues to brainstorm a new solution.
There will also be focused learning through the graduate scheme specifically for UX and general corporate skills training along with the full graduate cohort. You will be expected to drive most of your own learning with online resources and by reaching out to people in the community.
Opportunities and responsibilities
Gradually, with support, you will be able to
- Identify the goals, user journeys and information architecture for web/software/mobile app interfaces to meet the needs of our user personas
- Collaborate with the design team on a design system and/or developing consistent best practice guidelines
- Collaborate with the wider RSG community of talent, learning from outside sources of expertise beyond your business
- Work independently on projects with the support of senior designers
- Be a leading voice for design and best practice, raising situations with senior designers for support and consultation if necessary
- Create low-fidelity sketches to demonstrate how users could interact with products.
- Create detailed wireframes and interactive prototypes to evolve product design
- Run user research and usability testing to validate designs and update designs based on customer feedback
What it is like to work here?
Outstanding - you have probably already got a feel for what we do and the technology we’re involved with but what’s really stands us out from the crowd is our culture. We are an agile, dynamic and forward-thinking organisation who understands the importance of looking after our staff. We pride ourselves on delivering high-quality products, providing our employees with interesting challenges for their personal and career development whilst also striking the right balance between work and family life.
What we are looking for
- This role requires creativity, a strong logical mind, a good design eye and the ability to see things from someone else’s point of view. You will learn to tell a good story to communicate the user needs to your team and sell your design solution to them.
- Empathy for users and passion for helping to create new digital products
- Excellent communication and team work skills
- Time management skills, being adaptable to the requirements of multiple projects
- Proactive in representing yourself and building relationships with teams outside of the UX community
- An appreciation of UX design methodologies and trends
- Ability to learn quickly and work in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with design software such as Sketch, Axure, AdobeXD, InVision DSM or similar
- A portfolio showing examples of your work (can be coursework, work experience or personal blog)
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 5 March 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 5 March 2021