LexisNexis Risk Solutions are looking for an exceptional individual to join our busy Cloud Operations team. LexisNexis is a data company. Big, fast, complex. You name it; we manage it for our own products, our clients and partners. This division of LexisNexis works primarily in the insurance market; with products related to Geospatial risk profiling, Telematics and Data Enrichment.
We are looking for a talented individual with a passion for tech and who enjoys working with intelligent, bright and motivated individuals in a collaborative environment. Someone who can help us automate our entire infrastructure, many of our operational tasks and reduce our deployment times. This role will have responsibility for the execution, improvement and automation of processes such as code and data deployment, regression testing, system & security patching, infrastructure changes, logging, monitoring & alerting and system security. You will work closely with the rest of the Cloud Operations team and with the Development, QA and Data teams. This role encompasses:
- DevOps Engineer
- Systems Engineer
- Linux Systems Administrator
We are a superb company to work for, with great people, great benefits, world-class technology, market leading products, a culture of innovation and collaboration, and superb career prospects.
What we are looking for
Skillset for role
- Soft skills; initiative, self-direction, collaboration, inquisitiveness, a desire to learn, a logical/analytical mind, excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Linux; both RHEL and Debian based
- Strong scripting skills; Bash, Python etc.
- Cloud & container platforms; Azure, AWS, Openstack, Docker and Kubernetes
- Automation of infrastructure as Code; Ansible, Terraform
- Build management; GIT, Maven, Jenkins, GitLab, Nexus, JIRA
- Setup and maintenance of CI/CD system using tools such as Jenkins or GitLab-CI
- ITIL familiarity; Change Control, Incident Management, Configuration Management
- Experience of Agile/Scrum/DevOps methodologies
- Experience of Java / J2EE based software development.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 1 February 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 1 February 2021