Our Buyers influence every aspect of our product range: from which products we sell, to the way they look, their price – and the profit. Which is why they’re integral to the business and in this role, you will be too as you get to know the ins and outs of one of the most varied and influential areas in the organisation.
The Buying Management Programme will take you through an intense, demanding but incredibly rewarding two years of development. You'll experience everything from working in our stores to negotiating products and contracts on an international scale.
During the first year of this two-year programme, you will rotate through three key areas and experience regional training, insight into the Buying department and build an understanding of the ins and outs of the business and undertake category management training. Following your first year you will embark on a specialist route and take responsibility for a product category of your own and develop those skills you have further. This is a fast-paced programme with tangible results and bags of responsibility.
- 30 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Company car
- Contributory pension scheme
- 10% discount on all Lidl products, in all stores throughout the UK
- Access to corporate discounts on a range of products and services (including holidays, home and garden products, leisure activities and more)
Hear what some of our graduates have to say
What we are looking for
- Ability to communicate confidently and effectively across all levels of the business
- Passion for working as part of a team and also ability to work independently
- Self-motivation and determination to succeed in a fast paced, challenging environment
- A naturally analytical mind-set with plenty of common sense
- Excellent standard of numeracy
- Entrepreneurial flair with a talent for negotiating and networking at the highest levels
- The ability to make important decisions and cope with the pressure of demanding targets and tight deadlines
- Highly computer literate
- A high degree of adaptability
- The confidence to make tough decisions
- Desire to learn, develop and challenge yourself in a demanding and dynamic environment
- Possession of a full driving licence valid in the UK by September 2019
- Live or is able to relocate within a one-hour commute of the head office – Wimbledon
Qualification of a degree level of 2:2 or above in any discipline by September 2019 or within the last four years
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 22/02/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 22/02/2019
Additional job details
|Location||London · Wimbledon|
Additional 10% non-contractual London Weighting for employees working within the M25