This isn’t just about having big plans. This is about making them happen. During your first year, we’ll develop your leadership skills as you experience the realities of working in-store. Learn about our wider business as you work alongside our Logistics and Supply Chain team. And in your second year, you’ll return to store to fine-tune your skills and leadership training. Then, you’ll be ready to lead a team of your own. Begin a future as extraordinary as you.
What you’ll do
Your first year is about understanding how our stores and processes work. That’s why you’ll experience a variety of roles, from Customer Assistant to Deputy Store Manager. Then, you’ll join our Logistics and Supply Chain team to gain wider exposure of the business.
In year two, you’ll take on the role of Store Manager. This means you’ll be running a store as a business manager, while leading your team and driving success. On top, you’ll complete our comprehensive training academy with our full support.
These two years will give you the chance to be part of different store teams and experience how running a store can vary across a region. It’s a fast-paced programme that brings tangible results – and it could see you progress beyond Store Management.
What you’ll receive
This isn't getting by. This is getting what you deserve. Working at Lidl is rewarding, in every sense, because we give you the training to succeed in your role and plenty of opportunities to progress your career here. We're proud to offer a competitive salary of £37,000 per annum, as well as a fully expensed company car and 30 days’ holiday per year. Save for your future with our pension scheme or save today with a 10% in store discount, plus extra discounts on days out, cinema tickets and much more.
What we are looking for
- The ability to communicate confidently and effectively across all levels of the business
- Adaptability for working independently and as part of the team
- Initiative and determination to succeed in a fast paced, challenging environment
- A desire to learn, develop and challenge yourself in a demanding and dynamic workplace
- A 2:2 degree or above in any discipline by September 2022 or within the last two years
- A full UK/EU driving licence by 1st July 2022
- To be legally entitled to work in the UK on a full time, permanent basis
- To live (or relocate) within a one-hour commute of the Regional Distribution Centre in your chosen region (desirable but not essential)
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- UK wide
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
We’ll invite you to complete three online exercises, designed to help us find out if you’re a future Lidl leader. You can find out more and complete a practice exercise when you visit: http://getstarted.cut-e.com
As part of your application, you will also complete a video interview and face-to-face assessment centre. We look forward to receiving your application.
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company's receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 12 October 2022
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment