Linguaphone Group Ltd is seeking a placement student Game Developer to join their team as they build learning games for their new Pingu’s English Online platform. This platform will serve games, media, assessments, and learning exercises to Pingu’s English students ages three–eight. Games for this platform must be both child-friendly and pedagogically sound, in order to effectively support the curriculum’s learning outcomes and the Pingu’s English brand.
As an HTML5 game developer you will be the driving force behind game development at Linguaphone and will work closely with a game designer, artist, and Head of Curriculum to deliver a series of small games. Linguaphone promotes a culture of collaboration, and as a key member of a small team, you will have the opportunity to give creative input, and meaningfully impact and shape the direction in which these games develop.
You will be:
- Working closely with creative design team to create HTML5 based games usingPhaser 3
- Ensuring games perform optimally across a range of devices (mobile, tablet, desktop)
- Integrating external learning data and gamification elements into HTML5 games
- Publishing games to Linguaphone’s new Pingu’s English Online platform
- Writing clean, readable, well documented code
- Estimating time and effort for each project phase, and working to strict deadlines
- Being involved in the development of Pingu’s English Online, and shaping the productfrom its design phase through to its global launch
This is a 10 month contract.
You will work alongside a KTP Associate working on a joint collaboration project with Kingston University.
What we are looking for
- Portfolio demonstrating examples of previous game development work
- Understanding of HTML, CSS, and JSON
- Experience developing games for the web or for mobile devices
- Experience using Phaser3 or equivalent HTML5 game framework
- Experience interfacing with external databases and/or web APIs
- Understanding of with ECMAScript 6
- Familiarity with modern web app / web module development and deployment processes (npm, Node.js, Babel, Webpack, etc)
- Familiarity with image and audio file formats, and optimising media files for the web
Accepted degree subjects
- computer sciences
Additional job details
salary pro rata depending on qualifications and experience
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Please email your CV and cover letter explaining why you are interested in the role and what you can offer the role via the Apply button.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 January 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 January 2020