With us you will enjoy a challenging, diverse and rewarding internship at a major financial institution, where you will make a meaningful and profound contribution to our insurance business and its customers by applying your judgement to a wide range of complex financial considerations.
Our vision of being the best bank for customers is dependent on every colleague committing to and demonstrating our core value of "putting customers first". In joining us you'll have a role that matters and will contribute towards the Group achieving our vision through your day-to-day actions being performed in line with our Codes of Responsibility and Group Policies. By individually and collectively committing to our Group values and codes, we will be able to make a difference together and help Britain prosper.
As a Lloyds Banking Group actuarial intern you will enjoy a 10-12 week summer placement in either our Edinburgh or Bristol offices. You will be placed in an actuarial team, working with experienced qualified actuaries and actuarial students on a wide range of relevant and important actuarial work.
You will receive a dedicated training package that will support you in your role and provide you with valuable technical and softer skills for your future career. Your placement will also provide you with insight into the work life of an actuary. Exceptional actuarial interns will be well placed to join our summer 2021 actuarial graduate intake.
What we are looking for
- Undergraduates heading into their final year with a strong desire to pursue a career as an actuary, and who can commit to a 10-12 week placement over the summer of 2020
- Ambitious and resilient individuals who learn and adapt quickly
- Inquisitive strategic thinkers who care passionately about our customers
- Excellent problem solvers and communicators who work well with others
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- A strong academic record with at least a 2:1 expected degree; and
- A-level or Scottish Higher mathematics at a minimum grade C (or equivalent) if you do not have a mathematical or Actuarial science degree
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Please send a covering letter, explaining why you want to be an actuary, and CV with your application to
Please note that we can only accept overseas students that hold a Tier 4 visa that is valid over the full length of the internship.
When to apply?
We may close this application earlier but no later than 23 February; an early application may improve your chances of success.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 6 February 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 6 February 2020