Help us get the economy back on track
We look after the financial needs of small businesses through to large corporations and financial institutions. And as the nation continues its economic recovery, our work has really been thrown into the spotlight. We help UK-based clients to invest locally and trade globally, advise them on how to manage their risks and become more sustainable, and design industry-leading products to meet their changing needs.
Right now, we're looking for new talent to join the team and help us prepare for whatever the future brings. And the good news is, you don't need a banking or finance-related degree.
Is our Commercial Banking Graduate Scheme for you?
Passionate about developing relationships? Curious about what drives the economy? Keen to embrace new challenges? And quick to adapt when situations change? If this sounds like you, Commercial Banking could be the scheme for you.
In Commercial Banking, we empathise with our clients and the challenges they face – after all, their businesses are at the frontline of the economy. We're quick to collaborate and find solutions when world events shake up markets. We're also versatile and quick to adopt new technologies that improve the way we work. If that sounds exciting, this scheme is designed for you.
What you'll learn
This two-year scheme will give you the multi-faceted knowledge you need to succeed in Commercial Banking, and the chance to explore how your skills can adapt to a variety of specialisms. From day one, your team will value your perspective, give you real responsibility, and rely on your contribution. And over the course of four placements, your knowledge, skills and experience will grow, preparing you for a successful and rewarding career.
You’ll work directly with clients in our Relationship Management team, support our Risk/Credit teams in assessing their business from a risk and lending perspective, and learn about what options are available to support them with our Product Management or Markets team.
You’ll see how we’re building digital innovation into everything we do. You'll work towards a professional qualification. You’ll also have the opportunity to grow an encouraging network of peers and colleagues, who are as passionate about learning as you are. Above all, you’ll get a good idea of where you’d like to specialise and further develop your career.
The work you could be doing
- Meeting with clients to understand their needs and offer them support
- Helping to pitch for business and developing prospect leads and introductions
- Working on deals within a team of experts and finding different solutions to support our clients
- Building a deep knowledge of the products and services we offer to our clients
- Monitoring market opportunities, generating trade ideas, writing market commentaries and sharing relevant market colour and information
- Collaborating with teams across Commercial Bank and the whole Group
- Learning about our full range of products and services, and discovering the breadth of our client product offering, including FX trading, payments and transaction banking
- Developing financial business cases for strategic investment and transformation initiatives
- Supporting with key pricing and trading activities
- Learning how we can incorporate ESG into our solutions for clients, helping corporates become more sustainable and supporting the UK’s road to net-zero.
What we are looking for
A 2:2 degree or above in any subject area from any university.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- London · Our graduate schemes are rotational, but Commercial Banking roles are mostly based in London with the option of national placements.
plus a great range of benefits
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Our graduate schemes may close early if we receive a high number of applications, so it’s best to apply as soon as you can.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 2 November 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 2 November 2021