You will be responsible for execution and completion of your own experiments, ensuring compliance with GLP standards. Knowledge of your project and team goals govern how and when such work is undertaken. You are expected to conclude and present a summary of your work to your team; to recognise opportunities to improve experiments or protocols and to bring suggestions of how such opportunities could be implemented by your team.
Working in a project team you will run laboratory equipment, process clinical samples, test meters and strips, assist scientists in carrying out experiments and process results while ensuring the laboratory environment is maintained effectively.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Ownership for conducting and contributing on the planning of small scale experiments relevant to overall project goals.
- Analyse and conclude experiments, delivering clear outputs and well presented data within set deadlines.
- Assist in the design of more complex experimental designs.
- Maintain and calibrate equipment and ensure any defined protocols are strictly adhered to.
- Write procedures / SOPs for immediate work area.
- Adhere to GLP.
- Maintain and update training, Laboratory Notebooks and other associated records.
- Maintain an awareness and understanding of Design Control.
- Compliance to H&S, biosafety, risks, COSHH, etc.
Communication and liaison
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of other experiments going on in your project in order to suggest next steps.
- Actively seek new contacts within Lumira to progress own work area and deliver objectives.
- Working with external suppliers e.g. equipment manufacturers.
- Present summary of work at team meetings and cross-functional groups.
- Suggest and propose improvements or inventions based on problems encountered in area of responsibility.
What we are looking for
- Experience of working in laboratories.
- Experience in handling clinical samples and operating clinical analysers.
- Confidence working with minimal supervision in a lab environment.
- Computer literacy and data analysis skills.
- Innovation in solving problems.
- Attention to detail.
- Good numeracy skills and understanding of molarity.
- Proactivity in seeking out jobs in the laboratory that require to be carried out.
- Driving licence with own transport.
- Working understanding of common immunoassay systems.
- Commercial diagnostic assay development experience.
- Knowledge of design controls and other relevant regulatory requirements.
- Experience of working in a GLP regulated environment.
- Knowledge of working within a biohazard environment.
Degree qualified in biochemistry or a closely relate discipline (chemistry, applied science)
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- £25,000 - £27,000
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Please note, if you wish to submit an application for this role, please consider the following information
If you’re successful, you may be subject to all or some of the LumiraDx standard pre-employment checks we’ll conduct some pre-employment checks.
Criminal records data is processed as part of our recruitment and selection processes and, where necessary, in the course of employment, we verify that candidates are suitable for employment or continued employment to comply with legal and regulatory obligations to which the company is subject.
LumiraDx place a high level of importance on its responsibilities for information security and privacy and have put in place an information security management system to ensure that the company and its staff maintain the highest standards with respect to data protection and information security. All staff are responsible for information security and therefore must understand and comply with the Company information security policies, procedures and guidance.
To register your interest in this role you will just need to submit your CV and some key information about yourself (no lengthy application form).
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 May 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 May 2021