Reporting to the Software Team Lead, and working as part of the instrumentation team, the role will be responsible for the development of the LumiraDx Point of Care (POC) instrument firmware in support of ongoing product enhancement.
Purpose of the role
To maintain and develop features of our point of care instrument firmware and software development in support of laboratory-based prototyping used to inform the instrument design.
Key areas of responsibility
- Contribute at all stages of the full software lifecycle from requirements analysis; through to design, coding and unit test; to integrating the software with the hardware target, laboratory-based acceptance test, delivery and maintenance.
- Contribute to the development of the embedded software required to enable the functionality of the company’s IVD instrument.
- Create and maintain a software system that allows the effective set up of experiments, captures experimental data and allows review and analysis of the experimental data.
- Define and execute the required unit testing verification activities needed to demonstrate the software design has met specification.
- Assist in prototype board debug providing problem analysis, test code if required and solution options.
- Store all software source code, build instructions and special/tools or utilities needed to accomplish the above in a suitably organised GitHub repository.
- Maintain the associated paperwork, logbooks and test reports required to keep a design history of work performed, in line with specified standards and regulations, e.g. IEC 62304, ISO 13485 or FDA 21CFR, part 820
- Ensure compliance with LumiraDx internal quality processes and ensure designs / ideas are compliant with appropriate international standards and guidelines (as above)
What we are looking for
- Highly motivated individual that can demonstrate flexibility and a can-do attitude.
- Ensures positive, productive and proactive relationships with a range of internal and external key stakeholders.
- Self-driven, takes ownership and demonstrates high levels of personal accountability, and is motivated to complete the goals and objectives
- Can listen and present effectively, providing progress updates and feedback on a regular basis
- Ability to plan and organise work in accordance with the overall objectives and required timelines
- Demonstrates the ability to solve problems under conditions of uncertainty and ambiguity and is able to think strategically in times of pressure to drive toward the best solutions
- Able to travel between company sites as needed (not expected to be frequent)
- Practical experience in developing embedded systems software using C
- Experience developing safety critical software or for a highly regulated market.
- Use of defect and task tracking software e.g. Jira.
- Knowledge of interrupt handling, bootloaders, flash operations and peripheral programming
- Can demonstrate understanding of real time operating systems.
- Able to create modular, testable code while adhering to company coding standards.
- RTOSs, multi-threaded and multi-processor systems, communication protocols (SPI, I2C, TCP/IP).
- Knowledge of embedded system hardware peripheral blocks low-level operation (such as GPIO, ADC, DAC, SPI, I2C, UART, etc).
- Able to debug hardware issues together with the electronics team (e.g. create specific software tests that will exercise certain hardware features).
- Able to use design/debugging tools and instruments (oscilloscopes, multimeters, function generators, programmable power supplies, logic analysers, JTAG).
- Experience of working as part of an Agile team
- Experience of working in the medical device industry and the application of CE marking directives and applicable device standards.
- Knowledge of ARM processors architecture (especiallyCortex M architecture) and other competing contemporary architectures.
- Experience in the design of optical fluorescent detection systems.
- Experience and knowledge in the design of electrochemistry interfacing.
- Knowledge and practical experience in the use of BLE, NFC.
- Experience of Qt
- Experience of C#
- Experience of Python
- TCP/IP networking
Degree qualified in software engineering or a closely related discipline
Accepted degree subjects
- computer sciences
Additional job details
- £27,500 - £30,000
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Please note, if you wish to submit an application for this role, please consider the following information
If you’re successful, you may be subject to all or some of the LumiraDx standard pre-employment checks we’ll conduct some pre-employment checks.
Criminal records data is processed as part of our recruitment and selection processes and, where necessary, in the course of employment, we verify that candidates are suitable for employment or continued employment to comply with legal and regulatory obligations to which the company is subject.
LumiraDx place a high level of importance on its responsibilities for information security and privacy and have put in place an information security management system to ensure that the company and its staff maintain the highest standards with respect to data protection and information security. All staff are responsible for information security and therefore must understand and comply with the Company information security policies, procedures and guidance.
To register your interest in this role you will just need to submit your CV and some key information about yourself (no lengthy application form).
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 May 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 May 2021