Reporting to the Software Verification Manager, and working as part of the instrumentation team, the role will be responsible for driving the development of the LumiraDx Point of Care (POC) instrument firmware in support of ongoing product enhancement.
Purpose of the role
Designing and carrying out tests for the LumiraDx Point of Care (POC) instrument at various stages of the development lifecycle: for individual software subsystems, combined software/hardware subsystems, and the complete instrument.
Key areas of responsibility
- Learn the tools and processes of the company, highlight any areas in which additional training is needed to manager
- Review software requirements and risks from a verification perspective
- Participate in backlog refinement meetings, sprint planning meetings and daily stand-ups to ensure that software verification is planned in and performed at all stages of the project
- Work closely with developers to understand features being developed and how they fit into the overall solution, and then write tests for those new features. Execute the tests as early as possible
- Verify software subsystems as they are integrated with other software and hardware
- Demonstrate issues found during verification to other members of the team. Smoke test early versions of fixes to determine if they offer a solution to the issues
- Store all automated tests and associated tools according to LumiraDx configuration management processes and participate in code reviews on pull requests for automation code
- Create and store verification plans, protocols and results according to LumiraDx processes and in line with specified standards and regulations, e.g. IEC 62304, ISO 13485 or FDA 21CFR, part 820
- Discuss with manager when any problem arises in following LumiraDx processes
Communication and collaboration
- Work as part of a Scrum team that is developing software and hardware for the instrument
- Contribute to continuous improvement by participating in sprint retrospectives
- Work closely with developers to understand features being developed and how they fit into the overall solution, and then write test cases for those new features. Execute the tests as early as possible
What we are looking for
- Highly motivated individual that can demonstrate flexibility and a can-do attitude.
- Ensures positive, productive and proactive relationships with software team
- Self-driven, and is motivated to complete the goals and objectives
- Can listen and present effectively, providing progress updates and feedback on a regular basis
- Ability organise work in accordance with the overall objectives
- Demonstrates the ability to seek assistance under conditions of uncertainty and ambiguity
- Ability to translate software requirements into test requirements.
- Able to diligently record evidence and data from test execution
- Experience in programming
- Experience of working in cross-functional teams
- Authoring and executing test cases and performing exploratory testing
- Experience of using Test, Requirements and source code Management Tools
- Experience of using task tracking tools such as Jira or equivalent
- Knowledge of Python
Degree qualified in software engineering or a closely related discipline
Accepted degree subjects
- computer sciences
Additional job details
- £27,500 - £30,000
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Please note, if you wish to submit an application for this role, please consider the following information.
If you’re successful, you may be subject to all or some of the LumiraDx standard pre-employment checks we’ll conduct some pre-employment checks.
Criminal records data is processed as part of our recruitment and selection processes and, where necessary, in the course of employment, we verify that candidates are suitable for employment or continued employment to comply with legal and regulatory obligations to which the company is subject.
LumiraDx place a high level of importance on its responsibilities for information security and privacy and have put in place an information security management system to ensure that the company and its staff maintain the highest standards with respect to data protection and information security. All staff are responsible for information security and therefore must understand and comply with the Company information security policies, procedures and guidance.
To register your interest in this role you will just need to submit your CV and some key information about yourself (no lengthy application form).
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 May 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 May 2021