Not sure what career path is right for you?
Like the sound of a fast-paced and innovative industry?
Dead set on a career in food or fresh produce?
If you can answer “yes” to any of the above questions then MDS is a great place to start your career. We offer a graduate scheme with a difference in the Food and Fresh Produce industry. You won’t be stuck in one job, or even one company for the duration of the scheme; you’ll be moved around different roles in various business over two years gaining much sought after experience. At the end of the programme you will have built up the skills, knowledge, confidence and contacts to secure yourself a challenging role within the industry.
More about the industry
Ever wondered how your chips made it to your plate? Or how blueberries are transported half way across the world to end up on supermarket shelves? The Food and Fresh Produce industry is the driving force behind these supply chains. Often overshadowed by supermarkets and food manufacturers, the food and fresh produce industry is like the behind the scenes production team of a Hollywood film: you know it is there but what it actually does is a mystery to many. The truth is that it is varied, wide-reaching and, most importantly, absolutely fundamental to the survival of modern societies.
The industry is a buzzing assortment of procurement, new product development, agronomy, production, farming, commercial, technical and many, many more opportunities. The MDS graduate scheme is the gateway to this exciting industry.
What’s in it for you?
- Valuable experience within a fast-paced and innovative industry which is actively seeking fresh talent
- Four different roles with real responsibility within member companies across the UK, with the possibility of overseas roles
- CMI Leadership and Management Level 5 training and qualification.
- Access to an extensive network of companies and industry contacts
- Workplace pension
- Personal coaching from MDS staff and secondment managers at all placements to support you throughout the programme
- Excellent and diverse career prospects. farm manager, agronomist, HR manager or procurement manager: the opportunities are endless!
What we are looking for
- People with strong interpersonal skills who are capable of inspiring and leading others
- Highly motivated individuals with a thirst for the challenge of a rapidly evolving industry
- Resilient and flexible candidates who are prepared to relocate every six months
- A passion for pursuing a career in the food industry
A 2:1 degree or above in any discipline, although a 2:2 may be considered.
The scheme is open to graduates of all degree disciplines, although we are particularly interested in land-based, food related, life sciences, business management, marketing and languages graduates.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 01/09/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details
|Number of vacancies||30|
|Location||East Midlands, East of England, Europe, London, North East England, North West England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, South East England, South West England, West Midlands, Yorkshire and the Humber|
Salary increasing to £21,250 in the second year