As part of our ongoing commitment to Early Careers, we’re very excited to be recruiting a new apprentice to join our HR Team.
The apprentice will enrol onto a Level 3 HR Support qualification and will spend their apprenticeship rotating between 3 key departments: Talent, HR Shared Services and HR Business Partners.
The first rotation will be on the Talent Team and the apprentice is fundamental to supporting the Talent Attraction, Early Careers and Talent Development teams in the delivery of the overall Talent Strategy, playing a key part in collating and reporting on people data, which can be used to make better decisions on future talent activity.
As a key member of the team, you’ll provide administrative support, which allows us to attract and develop of the best talent for Matalan.
Key responsibilities will include
- All administrative tasks for the Talent Team including managing the central email inbox and processing invoices via Oracle.
- Data reporting across different systems, providing relevant and usable data to be shared regularly with key stakeholders to help with decision making
- The successful onboarding of new colleagues, maintaining a positive colleague experience throughout.
- Co-ordinating the organisation and scheduling of Talent events i.e., careers fairs, interviews, assessment centres and masterclasses.
- Updating and maintaining our learning management system, My Matalan.
- Sourcing and screening candidates through various Talent attraction channels.
- Supporting with Early Careers and ESG initiatives linked to building long term talent pipelines.
In addition to competitive salaries, we also offer the below core benefits:
- 20% staff discount, which increases with length of service
- Thrive Recognition Scheme
- Wellbeing support provided by the Retail Trust
- Life Assurance
- Retail Rewards platform offering discounts for other retailers
- Pension Scheme
- Access to a wide range of career development
- Additional benefits may apply depending on your role and area of the business
- Minimum 5 GCSE grades 9–5 (A-C) including maths and English
- Previous Level 3 qualification (A Level or equivalent)
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Able to work independently and manage own workload
- Self-motivated with great organisational skills
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to source and report data with a keen attention to detail
- Committed to achieving a HR qualification via an apprenticeship
Additional job details
for first 12 months (18-20 year old NMW 2023), NMW for age from Year 2
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 14 April 2023
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 14 April 2023