As a Trainee Assistant Merchandiser, you'll support the Assistant Merchandisers in optimising the customer offer, sales, availability and profitability of designated product areas.
You will be working within the Product & Stock Placement teams to drive timely and accurate actions to effectively handle stock flow through the supply chain from product signoff to the end of the product life cycle.
By competently managing the stock systems, levers, processes and communications throughout the product life cycle, sounds challenging? You’ll be given all the training and development required to fulfil your career here at Matalan.
In addition to competitive salaries, we also offer the below core benefits:
- 20% staff discount, which increases with length of service
- Thrive Recognition Scheme
- Wellbeing support provided by the Retail Trust
- Life Assurance
- Retail Rewards platform offering discounts for other retailers
- Pension Scheme
- Access to a wide range of career development
- Additional benefits may apply depending on your role and area of the business
What we are looking for
- Educated to graduate level, no matter what your degree, we would like to hear from you!
- High, consistent attention to detail, always aiming to deliver good quality work to key deadlines
- Experience within a retail environment would be beneficial.
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels across the business
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with customers and internal partners
- Excellent presentation and organisational skills
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 14 April 2023
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 14 April 2023