At Mazars we have a wide range of opportunities for you to gain experience in a firm that truly cares about your aspirations. Our business is an engine for rapid and consistent career progression, and we are known for giving ambitious people early responsibility and exposure.
Are you a graduate with strong analytical skills and attention to detail looking for a great start to your career? Do you enjoy building trusted client relationships? If you are committed to self-development and learning, this is a great opportunity to gain an excellent technical grounding and real responsibility working with a range of different clients.
About the role
The role of a trainee is to ensure accurate and timely preparation of financial records, management accounts, VAT returns and other financial information for a range of clients. You will be a key point of contact for your portfolio of clients, providing high quality advice on their month end accounting and year-end compliance process, and you will work with other teams to deliver an excellent client experience.
We are now operating a hybrid working model, so as a trainee you will split your time between working from home, visiting the office, client sites when required or studying for your professional exams.
During your first year you will:
- Learn how to use accounting software and systems in order to prepare financial records and information for clients;
- Develop an understanding of financial statements as they relate to sectors in which your clients operates;
- Join client meetings and therefore enhance your understanding of our clients' needs;
- Co-ordinate with other service areas to deliver all round client experience; and
During your second year you will:
- Take greater responsibility for the production of client deliverables, such as management accounts, VAT returns and year end files
- Self-review your own-work, ensuring minimal review points are raised by managers; and
- Have confident knowledge of accounting standards which you apply to clients with whom you work
In your third year you will:
- Take responsibility for the junior members of your team;
- Manage your workload and portfolio of clients; and
- Train more junior members of the team and review their work.
About the team
Our Accounting and Outsourcing team works to support our clients to better run their finance functions, understand their financial position and performance, and to ensure they are compliant with changing accounting and tax legislation. With the relentless pace of technology change you will need to be able to advise clients in areas such as process and digitalisation, business performance and financial reporting, while building enduring relationships that positions Mazars as a trusted adviser. Our successful team of more than 300 professionals is growing across all areas including cloud accounting, payroll, financial reporting and company secretarial.
- In Financial Outsourcing we serve a range of clients, you may work with some or all of the following types of clients;
- Financial Services - providing expert services to banks, investment firms, asset managers and payment institutions.
- Industry and Services - working with companies of varying sizes, from FTSE 350 companies, to smaller companies with turnover of £3bn or lower.
- Privately owned businesses - at Mazars in the UK, we work with over 13,000, family-owned, private equity backed and privately owned businesses.
Learning and development
We offer a diverse range of experiences, with prestigious clients and dynamic projects across a range of sectors and geographies. We offer an excellent technical grounding and real responsibility from the start, with early exposure to clients and partners. We have a culture of coaching, feedback, mentorship and one-to-one support, so you will learn from working closely with accessible colleagues and leaders who have so much to share. Most importantly, we give our people the tools and support they need to define their own career path and realise their full potential. As part of your training, we offer the opportunity to gain a professional qualification whilst earning a competitive salary and gaining invaluable experience.
You will receive full support to study towards the ACA qualification. We would encourage you to research what is involved in this qualification. You will have time off to study, attend college and complete online courses. Your professional qualification is only part of the story at Mazars; we support all our trainees with a blended approach to training and development including classroom study, 1:1 coaching, and soft skills training.
You will be supported by a mentor and an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track. And you will be allocated a buddy who will support you to settle into the team and navigate your first year at Mazars.
In addition to this, you'll earn a competitive salary and gain invaluable experience whilst making great connections in a fun environment.
Inclusion and diversity
Being inclusive is core to our culture at Mazars; we want to ensure everyone, whether in the recruitment process or beyond, is fully supported to be their unique self and provided with a level playing field. To read more about our approach click here.
What we are looking for
We are looking for exceptional candidates to join our team who demonstrate the following:
- Interpersonal skills; the ability to build client relationships with a foundation of trust and responsibility.
- Analytical skills; the ability to think critically, research and solve problems.
- Attention to detail and strong time-management skills.
- Commitment to self-development & learning.
- Affinity with our values; in particular, respect for individuals, diversity and integrity.
Strong academic performance is important; however, we understand that things do not always go to plan. Our recruitment process looks at your whole self – academic achievements as well as other experiences in which you have grown and developed. We balance your academic results alongside the aptitude assessment within our recruitment process to ensure that you will be successful in your role with us.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
At Mazars, we are one diverse, multicultural, multi-generational team with a huge sense of connection and belonging. If you are looking to join a firm where you can take ownership of your career, get involved, believe in yourself and put your ideas into action, then we think you will be a great addition to our team.
We recruit on a rolling basis, which means that we make offers throughout the season as we meet exceptional candidates. Roles will be closed as soon as we find the right people, so to avoid disappointment we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.
International applications – Please note that the deadline to apply for international candidates who require visa sponsorship is 15th March 2024. Applications received after this date will not be progressed.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 May 2024
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 May 2024