The Business Performance Improvement (BPI) Consulting team offer a full complement of BPI services including:
- Finance / Operations process analysis and redesign – primary focus
- Finance / Operations organisation design – secondary focus
- Management information and reporting – secondary focus
- Project and change management – secondary focus
Our clients range in size from large multinationals to small owner-managed businesses across multiple sectors throughout the UK and abroad. We also work with public sector bodies and charities. Our primary focus is around client’s finance and operations functions, however we do undertake process improvement and organisation design reviews in other business areas.
As a BPI Consulting Junior Consultant you will be involved in various aspects of project delivery and will actively contribute to project field work, analysis and developing final recommendations. You will also assist with the running of workshops and seminars and with the publication of internal and external articles on topics of interest.
As a Junior Consultant, your typical daily duties will include:
- Conduct / support reviews to redesign client’s critical processes (primary focus)
- Conduct / support reviews to analyse and redesign client’s structures, reporting and approaches to project and change management (secondary focus).
- Collect and synthesise information from fieldwork and draft client-specific conclusions/recommendations
- Assist with the project management of client assignments by communicating directly with clients
- Maintain professional working relationships with clients throughout the fieldwork and social activities
- Prepare presentations / marketing collateral, ensuring that documents are compliant with the firm’s standards
- Support with business development activities, such as tender proposals for new work
- Attend all training courses as required
- Have an awareness of the various services provided by Mazars
You will attend BPI specific training sessions throughout the year to support your professional and personal development.
You will be given a mentor and an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track.
We recognise that benefits are important to you and our aim at Mazars is to give you as much choice as possible and to allow you to benefit from our buying power. We offer core benefits to all employees – holiday, pension, life assurance and income protection insurance. Beyond that we want you to be able to choose benefits that you want, rather than have all benefits chosen for you.
As a Mazars employee you also have access to a range of voluntary benefits including a shopping-discount platform, discounted phone contracts, gym memberships and interest free season ticket loans.
Starting: September 2018.
Mazars is an international, integrated and independent organisation, specialising in audit, advisory, accounting and tax services. Operating in over 75 countries, the firm draws on the expertise of 18,000 professionals to assist major international groups, SMEs, private investors and public bodies at every stage in their development.
Mazars is among the top 10 accountancy firms within the UK with over 140 partners and 1750 staff serving clients from 19 offices.
Mazars is a positively different firm. Differentiated by the opportunities we offer our people, our approach to working with clients and our passion for responsible business, we are entrepreneurs with a strong European heritage. We are proud of the single global partnership we have built to serve clients around the world.
We are looking for people who bring something special to the firm and who also have some distinctive qualities. We want driven people who think creatively about their work, embrace challenges and can resolve complex problems.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and research skills
- Takes ownership of assigned tasks and adopts a pro-active approach
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload
- Produces accurate and timely work
- Participates in meetings, providing information and ideas with clarity and persuasiveness
- Ability to build relationships
- Respects differences in people and values diversity of ideas
- Actively seeks to enhance own expertise and knowledge
- Demonstrates drive and commitment to self-development;
- Professional approach to work and clients i.e. professional appearance, respect for individuals, and ethical conduct
Qualifications and experience requirements
- 2:1 or above in any degree discipline
- Minimum of 112 UCAS points (achieved in the same academic year, from your three best A-levels and excluding general studies). This is based on the new 2017 UCAS Tariff.
- Grade B or above in GCSE English language and maths
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Please specify on your application if there were extenuating circumstances or exceptional achievements that we should take into account. We also accept equivalent international qualifications.
Closing date: 28/01/2018
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 28/01/2018