Companies and especially banks and insurance companies have been storing more and more data year after year. This evolution confronts these financial institutions with further challenges (IT system improvement, data security) but it also offers an incredible opportunity to optimize their activities.
Within the quantitative team of the Financial Services Consulting department, you will interact with such companies who need data expertise to:
- Improve risk assessment
- Enhance client behaviour comprehension and adapt the company strategy
- Facilitate detection of adverse events
- Limit resources involved in manual checking tasks
For instance, among the different subjects you might deal with:
- Automation of claim review for insurance companies. In other words, automation of client fraud detection through data analysis and algorithm implementation
- Money laundering and terrorist financing terrorism detection which were set as a top priority by the European Union for all financial institutions
We operate a number of in-house training courses which will give you the technical insight to keep up with changes in legislation and case law, both in the UK and worldwide.
You will be given a mentor and an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track.
After you’ve joined the firm there will be an opportunity for you to study towards a professional qualification if desired.
We recognise that benefits are important to you and our aim at Mazars is to give you as much choice as possible and to allow you to benefit from our buying power. We offer core benefits to all employees – holiday, pension, life assurance and income protection insurance. Beyond that we want you to be able to choose benefits that you want, rather than have all benefits chosen for you.
As a Mazars employee you also have access to a range of voluntary benefits including a shopping-discount platform, discounted phone contracts, gym memberships and interest free season ticket loans.
Six month contract
Start Date: April 2018
Mazars is an international, integrated and independent organisation, specialising in audit, advisory, accounting and tax services. Operating in over 75 countries, the firm draws on the expertise of 18,000 professionals to assist major international groups, SMEs, private investors and public bodies at every stage in their development.
Mazars is among the top 10 accountancy firms within the UK with over 140 partners and 1750 staff serving clients from 19 offices.
Mazars is a positively different firm. Differentiated by the opportunities we offer our people, our approach to working with clients and our passion for responsible business, we are entrepreneurs with a strong European heritage. We are proud of the single global partnership we have built to serve clients around the world.
- A strong background in mathematics and statistics. Additional programming skills (i.e. Python, R, VBA, C++) will be appreciated.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and research skills;
- Takes ownership of assigned tasks and adopts a pro-active approach;
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload;
- Produces accurate and timely work;
- Participates in meetings, providing information and ideas with clarity and persuasiveness;
- Ability to build relationships;
- Respects differences in people and values diversity of ideas;
- Actively seeks to enhance own expertise and knowledge;
- Demonstrates drive and commitment to self-development;
- Professional approach to work and clients i.e. professional appearance, respect for individuals, and ethical conduct.
We are looking for people who bring something special to the firm and who also have some distinctive qualities. We want driven people who think creatively about their work, embrace challenges and can resolve complex problems.
Qualifications and experience requirements
- Achieved, or on track to achieve, a masters degree in a related discipline e.g. computer science, statistics, quantitative data
- 2.1 or above in any degree discipline
- Minimum of 112 UCAS points (achieved in the same academic year, from your three best A Levels and excluding General Studies). This is based on the new 2017 UCAS Tariff. You can calculate your UCAS points here.
- Grade B or above in GCSE English language and maths.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Please specify on your application if there were extenuating circumstances or exceptional achievements that we should take into account. We also accept equivalent international qualifications.
Closing date: 28/01/2018
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 28/01/2018