The Advisory & Consulting Service Line is a rapidly growing, award winning, global group of successful teams working together to present a go-to-market differentiator whilst delivering the highest quality of work for our clients.
If you are successful in securing a role on our training programme you will join a team of 600+ innovative specialists across a variety of sectors including Financial Services, Industry & Services, and Public Services with consultative expertise in Risk & Management Consulting, Internal Audit, Actuarial and all aspects of the Tech & Digital space. Our Advisory teams are at the forefront of large international infrastructure projects, global M&A transactions, high-profile forensic investigations, business valuations, corporate restructuring and creditor advisory services; all with the aim of adding value to clients by finding solutions to a range of financial issues as one collaborative team.
An introduction to our Ethical Hacking team
The Ethical Hacking team deliver a variety of engagements that aim to assess the cyber security threats our clients face. We look to identify and address security vulnerabilities technology, people and processes and provide holistic security solutions in complex environments to counter the most advanced and persistent cyber security threats.
Our assessments are performed using both technical and social engineering techniques, equivalent to those that a real-world attacker would use to access sensitive information or disrupt systems. We work closely with other cyber advisory teams including forensics, cyber compliance and assurance and share expertise globally with Mazars teams world wide.
The Ethical Hacking team are passionate about what they do and are looking for like-minded, graduates who love technology, cyber security and offensive security. We are looking for inquisitive, curious people who want to have fun learning and collaborating on cyber security engagements.
As a member of the Ethical Hacking team, you'll work with cyber security experts and penetration testers and learn to deliver tailored security assessments for clients. Engagements aim to detect vulnerabilities in client's networks and systems so that strategies can be put in place to resolve and mitigate attack vectors identified to reduce the risk exposure.
Your time will be split between working with clients and studying for professional exams. The Ethical Hacking teams operates a hybrid working format, splitting time between working from home, the office and client site.
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about information security and are always looking to learn more. No two days are the same in the Ethical Hacking team; vulnerabilities are being discovered and released every day and your role will require you to keep up to date with the latest technology.
We will support you every step of the way both via on the job training as well as support for attaining industry professional certifications which will enhance your career in this field. This includes time off to complete courses. Your certifications are only part of the story at Mazars; we support all of our trainees with a blended approach to training and development including classroom study, 1:1 coaching, and soft skills training.
You will develop your expertise in ethnical hacking as well as your business acumen to work with our clients to develop and implement pragmatic security solution. The experience gained will allow you to really understand how businesses across a range of sectors operate and manage ethical hacking.
You will be supported by a mentor and an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track.
What we are looking for
- A demonstratable interest in cyber security and offensive security, formal or informal. You research and develop your understanding of cyber security in your own time.
- Good verbal and communication skills – this role will include debriefing clients and report writing on a regular basis
- Ability to think creatively and generate innovative ideas. When performing engagements you will need to think on your feet to tailor exploits and bypass restrictions
- Interpersonal skills; the ability to build client relationships with a foundation of trust and responsibility;
- Analytical skills; the ability to think critically, research and solve problems;
- Commitment to self-development & learning;
- Affinity with our values; in particular, respect for individuals, diversity and integrity
- It's highly desirable that you have done an introductory programming module as part of their degree course that provides some knowledge of simple code development in a high level language such as Python, C, C++, C#, Matlab, Bash or Powershell
- Knowledge of computer networks including the TCP/IP stack and basic networking protocols.
- Understanding of the basic principles of penetration tests
Additional good to have skills
- Knowledge of penetration testing tools and suites such as Metasploit Framework, Burp Suite and common vulnerability scanners.
- Basic networking qualifications such CompTIA Network + and Security +
Strong academic performance is important, so we know that you're ready to take your professional exams. However, we understand things don't always go to plan – so if you don't meet our minimum requirements, please let us know if you have any exceptional achievements or extenuating circumstances which affected your results. We also consider your achievements in the context of your socio-economic background, so encourage you to submit your contextual information.
- Be on track to achieve or have obtained a 2.1 degree in a STEM related degree (Science / Technology / Engineering / Maths)*.
- Minimum of 112 UCAS points. This is based on the new 2017 UCAS Tariff. You can calculate your UCAS points here.
- Grade B or above in GCSE English Language and Maths.
*We will consider applicants from a non-STEM related degree and assess the application on your interest and informal/formal experience in cyber security.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Hybrid, or partially remote
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 May 2022
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 May 2022