As a Financial Services Consulting Junior Associate, your role will be to assist banking and insurance clients to assess and improve their existing methods, policies, systems and ensure compliance with best practices and regulatory guidance.
As a Junior Associate your typical daily duties will include:
- Research, collect, prepare and present information/statistics as required
- Consider the impact of legislation upon specific requirements
- Collect and synthesise information from fieldwork and draft client-specific conclusions/recommendations
- Maintain professional working relationships with clients throughout the fieldwork and social activities
- Prepare presentations/ marketing collaterals
- Support with the management of tender proposals for new work
- Have an awareness of the various services provided by Mazars
- Attend all training courses as required
You will also assist with the running of workshops, external seminars, conferences and with the publication of internal and external articles on topics of interest for financial services.
We operate a number of in-house training courses which will give you the technical insight to keep up with changes in legislation and case law, both in the UK and worldwide.
You will be given a mentor and an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track.
After you’ve joined the firm there will be an opportunity for you to study towards a professional qualification if desired.
We recognise that benefits are important to you and our aim at Mazars is to give you as much choice as possible and to allow you to benefit from our buying power. We offer core benefits to all employees – holiday, pension, life assurance and income protection insurance. Beyond that we want you to be able to choose benefits that you want, rather than have all benefits chosen for you.
As a Mazars employee you also have access to a range of voluntary benefits including a shopping-discount platform, discounted phone contracts, gym memberships and interest free season ticket loans.
Starting: September 2019.
What we are looking for
We are looking for collaborative people who think creatively about their work and enjoy embracing challenges. Do you have?:
- Desired: Previous work experience/internship in the banking, finance or consulting industry
- Interpersonal skills; the ability to build client relationships with a foundation of trust and responsibility
- Analytical skills; the ability to think critically, research and solve problems
- Attention to detail and strong time-management skills
- Commitment to self-development and learning
- Affinity with our values; in particular, respect for individuals, diversity and integrity
If this sounds like you, this could be the perfect opportunity.
- Masters degree in a business related discipline
- 2:1 or above in any degree discipline
- Minimum of 112 UCAS points (achieved in the same academic year, from your three best A-levels and excluding general studies). This is based on the new 2017 UCAS Tariff. You can calculate your UCAS points here
- Grade B or above in GCSE English Language and maths
Please specify on your application if there were extenuating circumstances or exceptional achievements that we should take into account. We also accept equivalent international qualifications.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 11 June 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment