The Advisory & Consulting Service Line is a rapidly growing, award winning, global group of successful teams working together to present a go-to-market differentiator whilst delivering the highest quality of work for our clients.
If you are successful in securing a role on our training programme you will join a team of 600+ innovative specialists across a variety of sectors including Financial Services, Industry & Services, and Public Services with consultative expertise in Risk & Management Consulting, Internal Audit, Actuarial and all aspects of the Tech & Digital space. Our Advisory teams are at the forefront of large international infrastructure projects, global M&A transactions, high-profile forensic investigations, business valuations, corporate restructuring and creditor advisory services; all with the aim of adding value to clients by finding solutions to a range of financial issues as one collaborative team.
An introduction to our Financial Services Consulting team
Financial Services Consulting provides a diverse range of services to our clients in the sector. Predominantly clients are banks and insurers but can also include investment firms and payment institutions amongst others. The team provides advice and guidance to clients on all aspects of financial services regulationto help them stay compliant, with the vast web of regulations applicable to the industry. Our work focuses predominantly on UK financial services environment, but the scope can be wider, and we regularly work with our international colleagues to deliver cross border projects.
The role of a Junior Consultant is to support the team in delivering projects. This means assisting in all aspects of the project lifecycle; from the sales or ‘business development' process, to project planning, execution of fieldwork and preparation of deliverables including actively contributing to final recommendations.
You will be involved in non-client activities such as assisting with internal projects and research initiatives.
We are moving to a new hybrid working model, so as a junior consultant you will split your time between working from home, visiting the office, client sites when required. With the potential of travel outside of the UK, depending on government guidelines.
During your first year you will:
- Provide support to managers and supervisors on projects across various client types and service offerings;
- Develop a strong understanding of consulting methods and financial services regulation; and
- Interact with clients' staff and build an effective rapport.
- Work within a team to ideate and develop new data driven solutions to solve critical challenges faced by businesses.
During your second year you will:
- Take more responsibility on projects;
- Self-review your own-work, ensuring minimal review points are raised by managers; and
- Provide guidance to less experienced team members.
After two years you will:
- Start specialising in particular service offerings;
- Take on more responsibility for developing service lines and business;
- Take more responsibility on project, owning project deliverables; and
- Demonstrate foundational project management capabilities.
As a Junior Consultant the typical daily duties will include:
- Research information and statistics as required;
- Collection and synthesis of information from research;
- Drafting client-specific conclusions and recommendations based on research;
- Considering the impact of financial services regulations on the client;
- Maintaining professional working relationships with clients and your colleagues throughout fieldwork and social activities;
- Supporting sales and business development processes by assisting in the preparation of proposals for new work;
- Assisting in running workshops and conferences with our clients; and
- Assisting in writing publications of internal and external articles on topics of interest for financial services.
We operate several in-house training courses which will give you the technical insight into financial services regulation and best practices, both in the UK and worldwide.
You will be given a mentor and an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track.
After you have completed two years as a Junior Consultant, there will be an opportunity for you to study towards a professional qualification if desired.
What we are looking for
- Desired: Previous work experience or internship in Financial Services, Finance or the Consulting Industry
- Ability to express ideas with authority and conviction throughout verbal and written communication.
- Ability to think creatively, generate innovative ideas, challenge the status quo, and deliver work effectively.
- Interpersonal skills: the ability to build client relationships with a foundation of trust and responsibility.
- Analytical skills: the ability to think critically, research and solve problems.
- Ability to multitask and work with tight timelines.
- Commitment to self-development & learning.
- Affinity with our values; in particular, respect for individuals, diversity, and integrity.
Strong academic performance is important, so we know that you're ready to take your professional qualifications. However, we understand things don't always go to plan – so if you don't meet our minimum requirements, please let us know if you have any exceptional achievements or extenuating circumstances which affected your results. We also consider your achievements in the context of your socio-economic background, so encourage you to submit your contextual information.
- On track to achieve or have obtained a Master's in a business related discipline
- Obtained a 2.1 or above in any degree discipline
- Minimum of 112 UCAS points. This is based on the new 2017 UCAS Tariff. You can calculate your UCAS points here.
- Grade B or above in GCSE English language and maths.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Hybrid, or partially remote
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 30 June 2022
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 30 June 2022