You will join the Mazars Global Infrastructure Finance team to support a variety of our core business activities, which include model audit, model build, advisory activities and providing training.
Working with a variety of managers and partners, you will gain experience in model audit and valuations and advisory. You will also shadow selected engagement teams in carrying out a variety of assignments, and could be called upon to assist with other areas of the business - creating proposals, training materials and refreshing the team’s intelligence hub.
During your internship, your typical daily duties will include:
- Shadowing and working with select engagement teams to carry out a variety of model audit, valuations and advisory assignments
- Contributing to deliverables associated with the aforementioned engagements
- Assisting with creating proposals, training materials and refreshing the team’s intelligence hub
- Ensure timesheets are completed on a weekly basis
- Have an awareness of the various services provided by Mazars
- Attend all training courses as required
As well as providing you with an insight into a market leading international infrastructure finance team, we will enrol you onto our financial modelling courses and support you to develop your financial modelling, project finance and commercial knowledge during the course of the internship.
We will also provide you with the opportunity to work on infrastructure transactions and participate in client meetings. You will have the opportunity to develop your understanding of a variety of infrastructure sectors including, but not limited to, Public Private Partnerships and Power Generation.
You will be given a mentor and an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track.
At Mazars we don’t have a “one size fits all” approach to benefits. We want you to be able to choose benefits that you want, rather than have all benefits chosen for you.
“my” is a scheme that you manage through a personalised online system. Benefits are organised into five categories: my family, my finance and security, my leisure and lifestyle, my health and wellbeing and my charitable giving.
We are an internationally integrated, transparent and independent organisation specialising in audit, tax, and advisory services. Mazars has a global presence in 77 countries with over 17,000 professionals. In the UK, we operate from 20 offices with over 1,600 professionals.
The more we grow as individuals; the more Mazars grows.
Mazars is all about people – we believe that each individual makes a difference to the Mazars culture. As an international firm with strong European roots, we are a melting pot of different cultures and disciplines. Diversity is one of our main strengths.
Our firm has thrived because of the quality of our individuals – the work we do makes a long-term difference to our clients’ successes and goals. With a global network of offices, we continue to encourage our people to express themselves openly – to add their individual talents and opinions to the Mazars mosaic.
We all work within a culture of high support and high challenge at Mazars. We are not afraid to take on new and greater responsibilities. But we do this through encouragement – not pressure and competition.
We are looking for people who bring something special to the firm and who also have some distinctive qualities. We want driven people who think creatively about their work, embrace challenges and can resolve complex problems.
- Desirable: Dutch and / or German language skills
- Desirable: Previous infrastructure finance, construction or engineering experience
- Demonstrates strong analytical and research skills
- Takes ownership of assigned tasks and adopts a pro-active approach
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload
- Produces accurate and timely work
- Participates in meetings, providing information and ideas with clarity and persuasiveness
- Ability to build relationships
- Respects differences in people and values diversity of ideas
- Applies active listening skills – asks questions when necessary but makes basic assumptions when appropriate
- Actively seeks to enhance own expertise and knowledge
- Demonstrates drive and commitment to self-development
- Professional approach to work and clients i.e. professional appearance, respect for individuals, and ethical conduct
Qualifications and experience requirements
- Achieved, or on track to achieve, a masters degree
- 2:1 or above in any degree discipline
- Minimum of 280 UCAS points (to have achieved in the same academic year, from your best three A-levels and excluding general studies).
- Grade B or above in GCSE English language and maths.
If there were extenuating/exceptional circumstances that affected your result(s), please tell us in your application form so we can consider whether we take them into account.
Accepted degree subjects
Contract and working hours
Fixed term starting: June 2017
How to apply
Closing date: 30/06/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 30/06/2017