As a trainee, your time will be spent learning about the role that a Forensic and Investigation Services (FIS) team plays in providing high-quality investigations, advice, expert reports and expert testimony on financial and accountancy matters including:
- Litigation and arbitration: acting as party appointed, single joint expert or expert advisor in a host of litigation, English and international arbitration and alternative dispute resolution procedures; and
- Investigations: providing authoritative and impartial advice in investigations and asset recoveries
The FIS team work on assignments with a variety of clients in different sectors including; oil and gas, shipping, mining, telecommunications, intellectual property and royalties, pharmaceuticals and financial services (including insurance).
As a member of this busy and dynamic team you will be instrumental in ensuring that client expectations are met through the provision of a quality product within an agreed budget and timescale.
As a trainee, your typical daily duties may include:
- Analysing financial information and producing appendices in support of your conclusions
- Undertaking research (for example, internet based, Market IQ and Bloomberg) and providing results of the analysis to team members
- Contributing to the smooth operation of each project assignment through proactively providing junior support to Managers and Partners
- Develop communication skills and build relationships with key stakeholders
- Contribute to non-chargeable work in the team, including the preparation of client proposals and business development opportunities
- Attend in-house technical training as required
- Have an awareness of the various services provided by Mazars
- Ensure timesheets are completed on a weekly basis
Training contract and study support
We will fund for you to study towards the ACA qualification.
You will receive a full study package and time off to study and attend college. Your professional qualification is only part of the story; we support all of our trainees with a blended approach to training and development including classroom study, one-one coaching, and skills training to enable you to progress to management and leadership positions.
We operate a number of in-house training courses which will give you the technical insight to keep up with changes in legislation and case law, both in the UK and worldwide.
You will be given a mentor and an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track.
At Mazars we don’t have a “one size fits all” approach to benefits. We want you to be able to choose benefits that you want, rather than have all benefits chosen for you.
“my” is a scheme that you manage through a personalised online system. Benefits are organised into five categories: my family, my finance and security, my leisure and lifestyle, my health and wellbeing and my charitable giving.
We are an internationally integrated, transparent and independent organisation specialising in audit, tax, and advisory services. Mazars has a global presence in 77 countries with over 17,000 professionals. In the UK, we operate from 20 offices with over 1,600 professionals.
The more we grow as individuals; the more Mazars grows.
Mazars is all about people – we believe that each individual makes a difference to the Mazars culture. As an international firm with strong European roots, we are a melting pot of different cultures and disciplines. Diversity is one of our main strengths.
Our firm has thrived because of the quality of our individuals – the work we do makes a long-term difference to our clients’ successes and goals. With a global network of offices, we continue to encourage our people to express themselves openly – to add their individual talents and opinions to the Mazars mosaic.
We all work within a culture of high support and high challenge at Mazars. We are not afraid to take on new and greater responsibilities. But we do this through encouragement – not pressure and competition.
We are looking for people who bring something special to the firm and who also have some distinctive qualities.
We want driven people who think creatively about their work, embrace challenges and can resolve complex problems.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and research skills
- Takes ownership of assigned tasks and adopts a pro-active approach
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload
- Produces accurate and timely work
- Participates in meetings, providing information and ideas with clarity and persuasiveness
- Ability to build relationships
- Respects differences in people and values diversity of ideas
- Applies active listening skills – asks questions when necessary but makes basic assumptions when appropriate
- Actively seeks to enhance own expertise and knowledge
- Demonstrates drive and commitment to self-development
- Professional approach to work and clients i.e. professional appearance, respect for individuals, and ethical conduct
Qualifications and experience requirements
- 2:1 or above in any degree discipline
- Minimum of 280 UCAS points (to have achieved in the same academic year, from your best three A-Levels and excluding general studies).
- Grade B or above in GCSE English language and maths.
If there were extenuating/exceptional circumstances that affected your result(s), please tell us in your application form so we can consider whether we take them into account.
Accepted degree subjects
Contract and working hours
How to apply
Closing date: 06/03/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 06/03/2017