The Financial Advisory Services (FAS) team is a rapidly growing, award winning and global group. You will be joining a team at the forefront of large international infrastructure projects, global M&A transactions, high-profile forensic investigations, business valuations, corporate restructuring and national creditor advisory services; all with the ultimate aim of adding value to clients by finding solutions to a wide range of financial issues. Our FAS specialists support clients raising finance for large infrastructure projects, advise on corporate acquisitions (both in the UK and cross border), restructure businesses to secure livelihoods and act as experts on high profile international investigations and disputes.
Restructuring Services (“RS”) is a national team of over 100 restructuring, recovery and insolvency professionals dedicated to helping businesses and their stakeholders during times of difficulty. We advise a wide range of clients across the UK - from large corporations to small family businesses, from major banks to law firms to government agencies. We also advise many different sectors including retail, manufacturing, engineering, agriculture, the leisure industry and construction. Additionally as a global firm, we have the opportunity to work internationally.
- Assisting with the realisation of assets including the sale of properties, equipment and the collection of trade debts;
- Producing the necessary reports for banks and creditors;
- Using appropriate statutory forms, preparing and maintaining files;
- Compliance with statutory procedures throughout the cases and ensuring case files are accurate, up to date and progressed quickly and efficiently;
- Preparation of Director conduct returns and investigation reports, drafting statement of affairs and reports, updating and generally attending to compliance, dealing with creditor enquiries and maintaining records;
- Carrying out investigations into the affairs of the entity and assisting with claims arising from such investigations;
- Prioritise and resolving conflicting client demands;
- Produce case reviews in accordance with the firm’s review procedure and provide feedback on progress of assignments to the partners;
- Assisting employees with their claims;
- Reviewing and agreeing creditor claims and assisting with the payment of dividends;
- Build strong working relationships with clients and intermediaries;
- Maintain control and stability under pressure whilst recognising deadlines; and
- Ensure that clients are billed according to agreed billing plans.
What we are looking for
- Analytical skills; the ability to think critically, research and solve problems.
- Attention to detail and strong time-management skills.
- Commitment to self-development & learning.
- Affinity with our values; in particular, respect for individuals, diversity and integrity.
- Show vision, strategic perspective and focus on the achievement of longer term goals.
- Maintain control and stability under pressure whilst recognising the deadline or urgency to be dealt with.
- Make confident and clear presentations.
Strong academic performance is important so we know that you’re ready to take your professional exams. However, we understand things don’t always go to plan – so if you don’t meet our minimum requirements, please let us know if you have any exceptional achievements or extenuating circumstances which affected your results. We also consider your achievements in the context of your socio-economic background, so encourage you to submit your contextual information.
- 2.1 or above in any degree discipline
- Minimum of 112 UCAS points. This is based on the new 2017 UCAS Tariff. You can calculate your UCAS points here.
- Grade B or above in GCSE English Language and Maths.
Culture and Reward
Bespoke benefits that work for you
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 March 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 March 2020