The Advisory & Consulting Service Line is a rapidly growing, award winning, global group of successful teams working together to present a go-to-market differentiator whilst delivering the highest quality of work for our clients.
If you are successful in securing a role on our training programme you will join a team of 600+ innovative specialists across a variety of sectors including Financial Services, Industry & Services, and Public Services with consultative expertise in Risk & Management Consulting, Internal Audit, Actuarial and all aspects of the Tech & Digital space. Our Advisory teams are at the forefront of large international infrastructure projects, global M&A transactions, high-profile forensic investigations, business valuations, corporate restructuring and creditor advisory services; all with the aim of adding value to clients by finding solutions to a range of financial issues as one collaborative team.
An introduction to our Technology Assurance team
As a Technology Assurance Junior Consultant within the national team you will be responsible for delivering technology assurance work to a range of clients nationally and internationally. Our broad range of clients, including those in FTSE 350, allow you to gain experience across a range of sectors including:
- Financial Services, Banking, Insurance and Investment
- Corporates/Private Sector/Large & Listed
- Central and Local Government
- Retail and Consumer products organisations
This is a great opportunity to gain valuable experience and exposure in order to build a career within Technology Consulting and Assurance Services. At Mazars, you will have the unique opportunity to work on a wide range of technology with a focus on Technology Assurance.
Joining the team as a Technology Assurance consultant, you will be working on a wide variety of technology themes, providing assurance to our clients on their response to the increasing number of and emerging technology-based risks and threats.
We are moving to a new hybrid working model, so as a trainee you will split your time between working from home, visiting the office, client sites when required or studying for your professional exams.
You will have the opportunity to gain experience in the following range of areas:
- Technology Strategy
- Third Party Service Management and Provision
- IT Effectiveness
- Cyber Security
- Data Privacy/GDPR
- IT/Infrastructure Resilience
- Business Continuity Management and IT Disaster Recovery
- IT Service Management
- Emerging Technology
- Digital Readiness
- Application IT
A typical day within the Technology Assurance team will involve:
- Responsibility for executing day to day Technology Assurance work and reviews; including contributing across the entire delivery lifecycle, from planning through to reporting
- Client management; acting as a point of contact for both the service leads and the client, ensuring all are kept fully informed of any issues arising and the progress of the work
- Delivering work to the highest technical standards including ensuring work is conducted in line with Mazars Quality standards
- Ensuring all work is undertaken to budget and meets client KPIs
- Building and developing long term relationships with senior stakeholders across our client organisations as well as within Mazars
- Maintaining control and stability under pressure whilst recognising the deadline or urgency to be dealt with
- Supporting with business development, including proposals and pitches
- Identifying opportunities for new work
- Clearly understanding the wider service line capabilities of Technology Consulting and Assurance and the wider firm and how these may benefit your clients
We will fund for you to study towards the MSc Applied Data Science for Business (2 years) and then subsequently relevant training that meets yours and the business need.
You will receive a full study package to ensure that you successfully complete your professional qualification. This includes time off to study, attend college and complete online courses. Your professional qualification is only part of the story at Mazars; we support all of our trainees with a blended approach to training and development including classroom study, 1:1 coaching, and soft skills training.
You will be supported by a mentor and an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track.
What we are looking for
- A passion and enthusiasm for technology
- Agile mindset and comfortable adapting with changing technologies and environments
- Interpersonal skills; the ability to build client relationships with a foundation of trust and responsibility.
- Analytical skills; the ability to think critically, research and solve problems.
- Commitment to self-development & learning.
- Affinity with our values; in particular, respect for individuals, diversity and integrity.
- Embrace remote working and digital tools to deliver our services.
- A willingness to travel.
Strong academic performance is important, so we know that you're ready to take your professional exams. However, we understand things don't always go to plan – so if you don't meet our minimum requirements, please let us know if you have any exceptional achievements or extenuating circumstances which affected your results. We also consider your achievements in the context of your socio-economic background, so encourage you to submit your contextual information.
- On track to achieve or have obtained 2.1 or above in any degree discipline
- Minimum of 112 UCAS points. This is based on the new 2017 UCAS Tariff. You can calculate your UCAS points here.
- Grade B or above in GCSE English Language and Maths.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Hybrid, or partially remote
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 30 June 2022
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 30 June 2022