In Consulting, you will join a growing team of 300 relationship driven, strategic thinkers who take pride in the positive impact they can have on society whilst advising the boardrooms of UK and International clients across all sectors. Our Consulting teams support clients in solving business critical, complex problems through a broad range of services including risk assurance, technology advisory, business transformation, regulatory consulting and actuarial support. Our expertise ranges from financial services and insurance to retail, government and education. In a rapidly changing business world, we help clients overcome the challenges that they face today and prepare for whatever the future may hold.
As a Technology Consulting and Assurance Junior Consultant within the national team you will be responsible for delivering IT assurance and advisory work to a range of clients nationally and internationally. Our broad range of clients, including those in FTSE 350, allow you to gain experience across a range of sectors including:
- Financial Services, Banking, Insurance and Investment
- Corporates/Private Sector/Industry & Services
- Central and Local Government
- Retail and Consumer products organisations
This is a great opportunity to gain valuable experience and exposure in order to build a career within Technology Consulting and Assurance Services. At Mazars, you will have the unique opportunity to work on a wide range of technology with a focus on IT controls areas as you commence you career in technology.
Joining the team as an IT Assurance specialist, you will work as an integral part of statutory audit teams, understanding how our audit entity manages IT risk in domains covering information security, change management and IT operations as well as understanding how the organisation uses IT applications to manage their operations. You will also have the opportunity to work on controls reports produced by services organisations to allow their customers to have confidence in the control framework around the services provided. Finally, you will have the opportunity to work with clients as part of their internal governance framework to review internal control frameworks. The experience gained will allow you to really understand how businesses across a range of sectors operate and manage risk.
You will also have the opportunity to gain experience in the following range of technology services:
- Cyber Security; ethical hacking and cyber security reviews
- Data Analytics; data analysis and modelling
- IT Advisory – IT strategy development, digital strategies and system selection
- Data Privacy; GDPR reviews
A typical day will involve:
- Responsibility for executing day to day IT Assurance and Advisory work and reviews; including contributing to closing meetings
- Client management; acting as a point of contact for both the Partner and client, ensuring both are kept fully informed of any issues arising and the progress of the work
- Delivering work to the highest technical standards including ensuring work is conducted in line with Mazars Quality standards
- Ensuring all work is undertaken to budget and meets client KPIs
- Building and developing long term relationships with senior stakeholders across our client organisations as well as within Mazars
- Maintaining control and stability under pressure whilst recognising the deadline or urgency to be dealt with
- Clearly understanding the wider service line capabilities of Technology Consulting and Assurance and the wider firm and how these may benefit your clients
- Supporting with proposals and pitches
- Identifying and transforming opportunities for new work
We will fund for you to study towards the MSc Applied Data Science for Business (2 years).
You will receive a full study package to ensure that you successfully complete your professional qualification. This includes time off to study, attend college and complete online courses. Your professional qualification is only part of the story at Mazars; we support all of our trainees with a blended approach to training and development including classroom study, 1:1 coaching, and soft skills training.
You will be supported by a mentor and an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track.
What we are looking for
- A keen interest in technology
- Interpersonal skills; the ability to build client relationships with a foundation of trust and responsibility.
- Analytical skills; the ability to think critically, research and solve problems.
- Commitment to self-development & learning.
- Affinity with our values; in particular, respect for individuals, diversity and integrity.
- A willingness to travel.
Strong academic performance is important so we know that you’re ready to take your professional exams. However, we understand things don’t always go to plan – so if you don’t meet our minimum requirements, please let us know if you have any exceptional achievements or extenuating circumstances which affected your results. We also consider your achievements in the context of your socio-economic background, so encourage you to submit your contextual information.
- 2.1 or above in any degree discipline
- Minimum of 112 UCAS points. This is based on the new 2017 UCAS Tariff. You can calculate your UCAS points here.
- Grade B or above in GCSE English Language and Maths.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Please search and apply by filtering career type to early careers and filtering the office to your chosen location.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 4 December 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 4 December 2020