As a Technology Solutions Junior Consultant within the national team you will be responsible for delivering IT advisory and assurance work to a range of clients nationally and internationally. Our broad range of clients and sectors in our portfolios across the country include:
- Financial services, banking, insurance and investment
- Corporates/private sector/large and listed
- Central and local government
- Retail and consumer products organisations
This is a great opportunity to gain valuable experience and exposure in order to build a career within Technology Solutions at Mazars. At Mazars, you will have the unique opportunity to work on a wide range of technology areas such as:
- Cyber security; ethical hacking and cyber security reviews
- Data analytics; data analysis and modelling
- IT assurance and internal audit; IT general controls reviews
- IT advisory – IT strategy development and system selection
- Data privacy; GDPR reviews
- Responsibility for executing day-to-day IT assurance and advisory work and reviews; including contributing to closing meetings
- Client management; acting as a point of contact for both the partner and client, ensuring both are kept fully informed of any issues arising and the progress of the work
- To deliver work to the highest technical standards including ensuring the work is conducted in line with Mazars Quality standards
- Ensuring all work is undertaken to budget and meets client KPIs
- To build and develop long term relationships with senior stakeholders across our client organisations as well as within Mazars itself
- Maintain control and stability under pressure whilst recognising the deadline or urgency to be dealt with
- Clearly understand the wider service line capabilities of Technology Solutions and the wider firm and how these may benefit your clients
- Identify and transform opportunities and prospects into new work
You will undertake industry accredited training courses to support your professional and personal development.
You will be supported by a mentor and an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track.
We recognise that benefits are important to you and our aim at Mazars is to give you as much choice as possible and to allow you to benefit from our buying power. We offer core benefits to all employees – holiday, pension, life assurance and income protection insurance. Beyond that we want you to be able to choose benefits that you want, rather than have all benefits chosen for you.
As a Mazars employee you also have access to a range of voluntary benefits including a shopping-discount platform, discounted phone contracts, gym memberships and interest free season ticket loans.
Starting: September 2019.
What we are looking for
We are looking for collaborative people who think creatively about their work and enjoy embracing challenges. Do you have?:
- A keen interest in technology
- Interpersonal skills; the ability to build client relationships with a foundation of trust and responsibility
- Analytical skills; the ability to think critically, research and solve problems
- Commitment to self-development and learning.
- Affinity with our values; in particular, respect for individuals, diversity and integrity
- A willingness to travel
If this sounds like you, this could be the perfect opportunity.
Strong academic performance is important. However, we understand things don’t always go to plan – so if you don’t meet our minimum requirements, please let us know if you have any exceptional achievements or extenuating circumstances which affected your results.
- 2:1 or above in any degree discipline; an IT based degree would be desirable in this role
- Minimum of 112 UCAS points. This is based on the new 2017 UCAS Tariff. You can calculate your UCAS points here.
- Grade B or above in GCSE English Language and maths
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 July 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment