As a Trainee Accountant you will be supporting the Accounting and Outsourcing Services team on the delivery of statutory accounts, management accounts and VAT return preparation to a wide range of clients.
Your role will be to support management in the preparation of financial statements, maintaining accounting records and preparing management accounts / VAT returns for clients within set time scales whilst study towards your professional qualification.
Accounting and Outsourcing is a small but growing team within Mazars and provides national coverage. As a part of the team, you will have the opportunity to work with the many other departments within Mazars, e.g. audit and tax, and across a number of offices.
As a Trainee Accountant your typical daily duties will include:
- Assist with the preparation of year-end statutory financial statements for incorporated entities and year-end accounts for unincorporated entities
- Assist in the iXBRL (Business Reporting Language) tagging of year-end statutory financial statements
- Maintaining accounting records
- Assist with preparing management accounts for clients
- Assist with preparation of HMRC VAT returns
- Utilise accounting software e.g. Sage Line 50 and Caseware
- Communicate with the team on any issues or findings
- Develop and apply technical knowledge gained from studies and on the job experience
- Ensure timesheets are completed on a weekly basis
- Have an awareness of the various services provided by Mazars
- Maintain a professional working relationship with both clients and the wider Mazars team
- Attend client social activities
- Attend all training courses as required
Training Contract and Study Support
We will fund for you to study towards the ACCA qualification.
You will receive a full study package and time off to study and attend college. Your professional qualification is only part of the story; we support all of our trainees with a blended approach to training and development including classroom study, one-one coaching, and skills training to enable you to progress to management and leadership positions.
We also operate a number of in-house training courses which will give you the technical insight to keep up with changes in legislation and case law, both in the UK and worldwide.
You will be given a mentor and an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track.
At Mazars we don’t have a “one size fits all” approach to benefits. We want you to be able to choose benefits that you want, rather than have all benefits chosen for you.
“my” is a scheme that you manage through a personalised online system. Benefits are organised into five categories: my family, my finance & security, my leisure & lifestyle, my health & wellbeing and my charitable giving.
We are an internationally integrated, transparent and independent organisation specialising in audit, tax, and advisory services. Mazars has a global presence in 77 countries with over 17,000 professionals. In the UK, we operate from 20 offices with over 1,600 professionals.
The more we grow as individuals; the more Mazars grows.
Mazars is all about people – we believe that each individual makes a difference to the Mazars culture. As an international firm with strong European roots, we are a melting pot of different cultures and disciplines. Diversity is one of our main strengths.
Our firm has thrived because of the quality of our individuals – the work we do makes a long-term difference to our clients’ successes and goals. With a global network of offices, we continue to encourage our people to express themselves openly – to add their individual talents and opinions to the Mazars mosaic.
We all work within a culture of high support and high challenge at Mazars. We are not afraid to take on new and greater responsibilities. But we do this through encouragement – not pressure and competition.
We are looking for people who bring something special to the firm and who also have some distinctive qualities. We want driven people who think creatively about their work, embrace challenges and can resolve complex problems.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and research skills
- Takes ownership of assigned tasks and adopts a pro-active approach
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload
- Produces accurate and timely work
- Participates in meetings, providing information and ideas with clarity and persuasiveness
- Ability to build relationships
- Respects differences in people and values diversity of ideas
- Applies active listening skills – asks questions when necessary but makes basic assumptions when appropriate
- Actively seeks to enhance own expertise and knowledge
- Demonstrates drive and commitment to self-development
- Professional approach to work and clients i.e. professional appearance, respect for individuals, and ethical conduct
Qualifications and experience requirements
2:2 or above in any degree discipline.
If there were extenuating/exceptional circumstances that affected your result(s), please tell us in your application form so we can consider whether we take them into account.
Accepted degree subjects
Contract and working hours
Permanent · Full-time
How to apply
Number of vacancies: Five
Closing date: 06/03/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 06/03/2017