Our Accounting and Outsourcing team works to support our clients to better run their finance functions, understand their financial position and performance, and to ensure they are compliant with changing accounting and tax legislation. Our successful team of more than 250 professionals is growing across all areas including cloud accounting, payroll, financial reporting and company secretarial.
An introduction to our Accounts & Business Advisory team
The team is over 70 strong and operates out of the Sutton, Milton Keynes, Birmingham, Leicester, Nottingham and Leeds offices. Specialisms within the team include working with large international groups, financial services companies, charities, academies, large privately owned businesses, and investment companies. In addition the team will support clients on ensuring they meet their compliance needs providing company secretarial services, provide interim support where they have skills shortages internally, assist in coordinating year end audits as well as providing global coordination support where Mazars is engaged by the client in many countries. We will develop strong relationships with our clients and become trusted business advisers.
The role of an Associate Client Advisor is to ensure accurate and timely preparation of statutory financial statements for a range of UK and international clients. You will be the point of contact for your portfolio of clients, providing high quality advice on their year-end compliance process and work with other teams to deliver an excellent client experience.
We are moving to a new hybrid working model, so as a trainee you will split your time between working from home, visiting the office, client sites when required or studying for your professional exams.
During your first year you will:
- Learn how to use accounting software and systems in order to prepare financial statements for clients' year end requirements;
- Develop an understanding of financial statements and the nature of our clients' business.
- Co-ordinate with tax, payroll, and audit hub to deliver client information as a whole; and
- iXBRL tagging.
During your second year you will:
- Manage your own client portfolio;
- Self-review your own-work, ensuring minimal review points are raised by managers;
- Have confident knowledge of accounting standards which you apply to a given set of year end financials.
In your final year you will be expected to be able to take responsibility for the junior members of your team. You will train them and review their work.
We will fund your study towards the ACA qualification.
You will receive a full study package to ensure that you successfully complete your professional qualification. This includes time off to study, attend college and complete online courses. Your professional qualification is only part of the story at Mazars; we support all our trainees with a blended approach to training and development including classroom study, 1:1 coaching, and soft skills training.
You will be supported by a mentor and an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track.
What we are looking for
- Interpersonal skills; the ability to build client relationships with a foundation of trust and responsibility.
- Analytical skills; the ability to think critically, research and solve problems.
- Attention to detail and strong time-management skills.
- Commitment to self-development & learning.
- Affinity with our values; in particular, respect for individuals, diversity and integrity.
- Inquisitive; wanting to understand a clients business and how their financial results align to the business activities.
Strong academic performance is important so we know that you're ready to take your professional exams. However, we understand things don't always go to plan – so if you don't meet our minimum requirements, please let us know if you have any exceptional achievements or extenuating circumstances which affected your results. We also consider your achievements in the context of your socio-economic background, so encourage you to submit your contextual information.
- On track to achieve or have obtained a 2.1 in any degree discipline
- On track or have obtained a minimum of 112 UCAS points. This is based on the new 2017 UCAS Tariff. You can calculate your UCAS points here.
- Grade B or above in GCSE English Language and Maths.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Hybrid, or partially remote
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 30 June 2022
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 30 June 2022