Our Accounting and Outsourcing team works to support our clients to better run their finance functions, understand their financial position and performance, and to ensure they are compliant with changing accounting and tax legislation. With the relentless pace of technology change you will need to be able to advise clients in areas such as process and digitalisation, business performance and financial reporting, while building enduring relationships that positions Mazars as a trusted adviser. Our successful team of more than 250 professionals is growing across all areas including cloud accounting, payroll, financial reporting and company secretarial.
The Industry & Services team provides accounting services to companies listed on the London Stock Exchange (FTSE 350, Small Cap, and Fledgling), AIM, and large companies/groups with turnover of more than £150m.
Teams within Industry & Services:
The Industry group covers clients in a range of sectors including Manufacturing, Transport, Hospitality & Leisure, Energy & Utilities, Property and broadly any company providing a product to its clients.
The Services group covers clients in a range of sectors including Media, Technology, Retail, Professional Practices, and broadly any company providing services to its clients.
The role of an Associate Client Advisor is to ensure accurate and timely preparation of management accounts including VAT compliance for a range of UK and international clients. You will be the point of contact for your portfolio of clients, providing high quality advice on their year-end compliance process and work with other teams to deliver an excellent client experience. As a trainee, your time would usually be split between working in the office and studying for your professional exams. However due to the current pandemic situation Mazars continues to work remotely only visiting the office and client sites on a restricted basis.
During your first year you will:
- Learn how to use accounting software as well as the various Apps and systems to meet the clients’ bookkeeping needs and be able to prepare accurate and value-added management accounts;
- Develop an understanding of financial statements and the nature of the clients’ business;
- Understand the Apps within our App Stack and how they should be used for your clients.
- Co-ordinate with tax, payroll and audit hub to deliver client information as a whole; and
During your second year you will:
- Manage your own client portfolio;
- Self-review your own-work, ensuring minimal review points are raised by managers;
- Have confident knowledge of accounting standards which you apply to a given set of accounts; and
- In your final year you will be expected to be able to take responsibility for the junior members of your team. You will train them and review their work.
We will fund your study towards the ACCA qualification.
You will receive a full study package to ensure that you successfully complete your professional qualification. This includes time off to study, attend college and complete online courses. Your professional qualification is only part of the story at Mazars; we support all our trainees with a blended approach to training and development including classroom study, 1:1 coaching, and soft skills training.
You will be supported by a mentor and an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track.
What we are looking for
- Interpersonal skills; the ability to build client relationships with a foundation of trust and responsibility.
- Analytical skills; the ability to think critically, research and solve problems.
- Attention to detail and strong time-management skills.
- Commitment to self-development & learning.
- Affinity with our values; in particular, respect for individuals, diversity and integrity.
Strong academic performance is important so we know that you’re ready to take your professional exams. However, we understand things don’t always go to plan – so if you don’t meet our minimum requirements, please let us know if you have any exceptional achievements or extenuating circumstances which affected your results. We also consider your achievements in the context of your socio-economic background, so encourage you to submit your contextual information.
- 2.1 or above in any degree discipline
- 112 UCAS points or above
- B in English Language & Maths
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 30 September 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 30 September 2021