The ultimate aim for a graduate trainee within the Financial Planning and Wealth Management graduate programme is to achieve the status of a Chartered Financial Planner (under the Personal Finance Society) and Chartered Wealth Manager (under the Chartered Institute of Securities and Investment).
Once these qualifications have been achieved you should be in a position to advise clients on a wide range of personal financial matters, including the ongoing management of their investment portfolios.
Over time, you will build a portfolio of your own clients and advise them in all areas of their financial affairs whilst working with other service lines within Mazars to ensure that the client’s overall needs are met.
The first 18 months of this programme will be spent in our Milton Keynes offices. During this period you will:
- Develop a strong understanding of the financial planning advice process and Mazars internal systems and processes
- Develop the skills needed to work with clients on a daily basis
- Attend training sessions as required
- Prepare client advice reports
- Information assimilation from investment providers / secondments to the finance, compliance and R&D departments
After this initial 18 month period you will have the opportunity to move to one of the other Mazars offices (or remain in Milton Keynes) to begin working as an Assistant Financial Planner. You will support existing client relationships, work on proposals for prospective clients, write technical advice reports and devise financial plans/strategies.
Training Contract and Study Support
We will fund your study towards the CII Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning qualification, with the ultimate objective of becoming a Chartered Financial Planner and Chartered Wealth Manager.
You will receive a full study package and time off to study and attend college. Your professional qualification is only part of the story at Mazars; we support all of our trainees with a blended approach to training and development including classroom study, 1:1 coaching, and soft skills training to enable you to progress to management and leadership positions.
You will be given a mentor and an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track.
We recognise that benefits are important to you and our aim at Mazars is to give you as much choice as possible and to allow you to benefit from our buying power. We offer core benefits to all employees – holiday, pension, life assurance and income protection insurance. Beyond that we want you to be able to choose benefits that you want, rather than have all benefits chosen for you.
As a Mazars employee you also have access to a range of voluntary benefits including a shopping-discount platform, discounted phone contracts, gym memberships and interest free season ticket loans.
Starting: September 2018.
Mazars is an international, integrated and independent organisation, specialising in audit, advisory, accounting and tax services. Operating in over 75 countries, the firm draws on the expertise of 18,000 professionals to assist major international groups, SMEs, private investors and public bodies at every stage in their development.
Mazars is among the top 10 accountancy firms within the UK with over 140 partners and 1750 staff serving clients from 19 offices.
Mazars is a positively different firm. Differentiated by the opportunities we offer our people, our approach to working with clients and our passion for responsible business, we are entrepreneurs with a strong European heritage. We are proud of the single global partnership we have built to serve clients around the world.
We are looking for people who bring something special to the firm and who also have some distinctive qualities. We want driven people who think creatively about their work, embrace challenges and can resolve complex problems.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and research skills
- Takes ownership of assigned tasks and adopts a pro-active approach
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload
- Produces accurate and timely work
- Participates in meetings, providing information and ideas with clarity and persuasiveness
- Ability to build relationships
- Respects differences in people and values diversity of ideas
- Actively seeks to enhance own expertise and knowledge
- Demonstrates drive and commitment to self-development;
- Professional approach to work and clients i.e. professional appearance, respect for individuals, and ethical conduct
Qualifications and experience requirements
- 2:1 or above in any degree discipline
- Minimum of 112 UCAS points (achieved in the same academic year, from your three best A-levels and excluding general studies). This is based on the new 2017 UCAS Tariff. You can calculate your UCAS points here
- Grade B or above in GCSE English language and maths
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Please specify on your application if there were extenuating circumstances or exceptional achievements that we should take into account. We also accept equivalent international qualifications.
Closing date: 28/01/2018
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 28/01/2018